services

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,hope you dont think I'm a bit sad posting on a sat night but I'm laid up with up the dreaded grout in my big toe.Just a point of interest who is responsible for the water,gas,leccy services that come into my propertyfrom the footpath which is 4 metres away from my house walls.I live in south yorks are all service providers the same.

Sponsored Links
The responcibilty is yours ..on your property...If you need anything done you can get who ever you like for water...gas & elec will be who you pay the bill to..but they will have a supplier...like transco..etc..Hope that helps..
ps I know its sat Im not sad...F all on tv at the moment

Disagree with that. You are responsable 4 the water when it pass's the boundry of the proprty but the gas & electricity is different, only then after the meters.unless u have damaged them.

I disagree with you bab

I have no idea about the electric cable but the gas is the responsibilty og the gas supplier untill it exits a meter then the responsiblity passes to the home owner

Asd for the water main, except for some very few exceptionsd, the responsibity of the water supplier ends afterthe main isolation cock when responsibilty passes to the home owner, NOT at the boundary of the property

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
Asd for the water main, except for some very few exceptionsd, the responsibity of the water supplier ends afterthe main isolation cock when responsibilty passes to the home owner, NOT at the boundary of the property

I didn't think it was like that. For example, I have a lead supply pipe up to my main isolator in the kitchen. But the water board will not replace that for me; but if I fit MDPE to my boundary they are obliged to connect it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back