Shamima Begum Loses Latest Citizenship Appeal

She was in reality

Bangladeshi laws give the automatic right for children born abroad with both parents Bangladeshi citizens, the automatic right to apply for citizenship

But Shamima Begum cant apply from where she resides and in any case the Bangladeshi govt have said it would be refused.

So she has in practical terms become rendered stateless.
I would agree it was a race between the two countries to revoke her citizenship. The UK did not make her stateless. They "won" the race. Anyway its been done to death in the courts and ruled on.

Sponsored Links
... and you think he funded the travel? I'm delighted you're actually learning about what happened at last.
Who really knows what happened? You or I don't, we can only make a guess so lets not pretend otherwise.

Who really knows what happened? You or I don't, we can only make a guess so lets not pretend otherwise.
I doubt you funded it, so it would be stupid and insulting to imply you might. But you're happy to point the finger at the parents with no justification at all.

Just asking questions isn't a good answer as you chose which questions to ask.

Sponsored Links
It amazes me that a child who is groomed, trafficked to another country, married in what would be an illegal way in the UK gets denounced as if she was a ln active participant in war crimes and the devil herself. And the idea she's a threat to national security is laughable.

We've got a bad history of blaming child victims who then go on to carry out crimes. It happened to some of the girls abused in the Rochdale scandal and many others.

Don't children generally get more lenient sentences, though?
There is a lot more consideration of rehab vs deterrent. But once we are dealing with very serious crimes like Murder, terrorism, torture, kidnap etc. etc. The short answer is no.
It amazes me that a child who is groomed, trafficked to another country, married in what would be an illegal way in the UK gets denounced as if she was a ln active participant in war crimes and the devil herself. And the idea she's a threat to national security is laughable.

We've got a bad history of blaming child victims who then go on to carry out crimes. It happened to some of the girls abused in the Rochdale scandal and many others.

We have to consider the whole joint enterprise aspect. She knew she was going to marry a jehadi. She knew what was going on and she was old enough legally to know right from wrong. She would be criminally accountable for the crimes of her accomplices and that assumes she had no direct part in them, but merely hung out with those committing the crimes with the knowledge that they would be committing the illegal acts.

I doubt you funded it, so it would be stupid and insulting to imply you might. But you're happy to point the finger at the parents with no justification at all.

Just asking questions isn't a good answer as you chose which questions to ask.
Generally speaking, young Muslim girls are watched like hawks by their parents and any elders in the family. Pretty sure I read stories that her Dad was one of those that went on marches where they had banners saying things like 'kill all infidels' or some such. I find it pretty hard to believe that three of them can fund an escape from the UK and travel through several countries without at least the knowledge of their family. She went off and dressed in traditional gear, now all of a sudden she's done a 360 and dressed like a westerner. How long before she converts to Christianity because that will be next. Anyway, lets hope this is the last we hear of her.

There is a lot more consideration of rehab vs deterrent. But once we are dealing with very serious crimes like Murder, terrorism, torture, kidnap etc. etc. The short answer is no.
But we do some of the time, just not this time.

Children who were encouraged to bring their friends to be raped in Rochdale were treated as victims.

I would agree it was a race between the two countries to revoke her citizenship. The UK did not make her stateless. They "won" the race. Anyway its been done to death in the courts and ruled on.
UK removed her citizenship
Begum cant get citizenship anywhere else
so UK made her stateless

Had UK declared war on either or both the parties to the conflict?
Does that make a difference?
Are you under the impression that people found guilty of treason lose their citizenship?
Has anyone been found guilty of treason in this case?

If no, then your point is an irrelevance.

But you still replied to me

UK removed her citizenship
Begum cant get citizenship anywhere else
so UK made her stateless

If she sold her story and made a few bob, then I'm sure some Muslims country would let her reside there

Sponsored Links
Back