Sheds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to buy a shed for our new plot in the allotment so I popped along to Rainham Sheds. They make them up on site. I saw one I liked, wanted to buy it but was told that it wouldn’t be available until January. I asked why and was expecting to hear about Brexit and EU and shortage of timber etc but was told it’s purely down to the lockdown and demand - they just can’t keep up with it. He said it has quietened down a fair bit since last year but the market just went crazy last year when everyone was at home. Oh well, I’ll try looking online I suppose and see if that’s any different.

Sponsored Links
I wanted to buy a shed for our new plot in the allotment so I popped along to Rainham Sheds. They make them up on site. I saw one I liked, wanted to buy it but was told that it wouldn’t be available until January. I asked why and was expecting to hear about Brexit and EU and shortage of timber etc but was told it’s purely down to the lockdown and demand - they just can’t keep up with it. He said it has quietened down a fair bit since last year but the market just went crazy last year when everyone was at home. Oh well, I’ll try looking online I suppose and see if that’s any different.

So the moral of your story is that they are selling Shed loads?

Screenshot_20210904-122239_Google.jpg

Sponsored Links
I saw one I liked, wanted to buy it but was told that it wouldn’t be available until January. I asked why and was expecting to hear about Brexit and EU and shortage of timber etc but was told it’s purely down to the lockdown and demand
Isn't it amazing how brexiteers blame everything but the exclusion from the EU timber market...

Sure there is a worldwide timber shortage, but a third country can't compete against bigger nations and the UK has become a small 'third country' as far as the EU is concerned...

I thought brexiteers knew what the were voting for? :rolleyes:

Learn to read you numbskull. It’s nothing to do with Brexit or a timber shortage. They have the timber, they have the staff, they’re working flat out and they've never known anything like it. Demand has gone through the roof and they have a massive backlog. Business is booming.

It’ll probably cost me twice as much and look half as good as a ready made job!

Learn to read you numbskull. It’s nothing to do with Brexit or a timber shortage. They have the timber, they have the staff, they’re working flat out and they've never known anything like it. Demand has gone through the roof and they have a massive backlog. Business is booming.

So they are limited by their capacity - can't they expand production - if not why not?

Or is it an unanticipated demand shock which they think will subside so expanding production now could mean cutting it in the future.

So what caused this unanticipated demand shock - Covid. Covid also caused the supply issues.

Mottie owning himself since day zero. ;)

Don’t take my word for it. Rainham sheds. Been there as long as I've been in my house. Bought a shed off them about 25 years ago. Www.Rainhamsheds.co.uk Phone them up, pretend you want to buy a shed from them before January, when they tell you 'no', ask them about the ins and out of their business and why they can’t expand production etc. Let us all know.

Sponsored Links
Back