shortage of houses

Sponsored Links
I had to google that to see where it was, inside the big car park! I think your prices are doing a lot better than Bristols, we're a few months behind.

go to google earth the flats at the end have a car park i am in a mid terrace at the open end off the culdesac

Sponsored Links
go to google earth the flats at the end have a car park i am in a mid terrace at the open end off the culdesac

You got some thieving tea leafs down there! they've nicked half of the google blue line, I was trying to look at that red house on the bend and went flying out onto the next street.. :eek: :eek:

yes its daft last version was like that then it was repaired this year now its broken again
i am half way along the "broken bit"

i was looking for my copy of the land registery entry somwhere on there is something like 7.9k in the 60s i think it was
as an aside i only lock my back door when i go on holiday ;)

[I think it was the Thatcher government that wanted most homes to be in private ownership or rented by private landlords

So the requirement for councils to build and provide adequate housing for local need was removed, and they were actively prevented from building new homes.

This has led to where we are today. Not everyone can afford a mortgage or afford private rents, so there will always be a need for social housing. Demographics have changed, and there are more people living alone and families splitting up so this increases the need for more homes

The actual phrase is "shortage of affordable homes". The well off are still able to find properties, and even snap up cheap homes for renting out at high rents - so making the problem even worse
How very dare you blame the late great saviour, Thatcher - RIP and on a par with Churchill

The reason there is a shortage of council houses, is because private house prices have become so hugely inflated, which is caused by several factors.

This has meant hundreds of thousands of families are putting themselves on the social house list, when they should actually be able to afford their own property.

As well as many people living in social housing, who found better paying jobs once they were in, remaining in social housing, further causing shortages (and "right to buy" was a way of fixing this, it was the follow on policies of right to buy that were the issue, not RTB itself).

Really there are more than enough council houses, if it wasn't for a range of other factors that screw over the market prices completely, and a number of people thinking they have a "right" to multiple bedroom properties from the state.

About six months ago I tried to get a co-operative up and running with the posters on this forum, not one took me up on my offer, it was mainly doom and gloom how the house prices were going to fall even further and there was no money to be made in property now.

In the last few months house prices in the area I live have gone up about £30k.

Have this pair got it wrong?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-clocked-707-houses-240m-fortune.html[/QUOTE]

yes in the end
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...9285/Buy-to-let-gurus-see-empire-crumble.html
The Wilsons were hated in the Kent area as landlords of the worst kind -aparently

About six months ago I tried to get a co-operative up and running with the posters on this forum, not one took me up on my offer, it was mainly doom and gloom how the house prices were going to fall even further and there was no money to be made in property now.

In the last few months house prices in the area I live have gone up about £30k.

Have this pair got it wrong?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-clocked-707-houses-240m-fortune.html[/QUOTE]

yes in the end
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...9285/Buy-to-let-gurus-see-empire-crumble.html
The Wilsons were hated in the Kent area as landlords of the worst kind -aparently

Remind me not to buy any racehorses.

" dubbed the VH of Kent " :LOL: :LOL: Mr. Hoogstraten knows what he`s doing and operates worldwide - he plays the media - I have respect for him .

Sponsored Links
Back