Should Children be vaccinated?

Sponsored Links
Let's analyse the "vaccine" word.
"a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease."

So far we've been told that the coronavirus "vaccine" doesn't stop the virus infecting you, nor stopping it from giving you symptoms.
They do stop some people catching Covid when without the vaccine they would have caught it. We know this because groups of people who have been vaccinated get infected less than people who haven't. This is called science, it has been found to be fairly useful.
The only things the pharmaceutical industry claims is that the vaccine protects you in the event of catching the virus by giving you milder symptoms.
Still wrong, it does both. Just like nearly every other vaccine.
Now let's look at the word "prophylactic"
"a medication or a treatment designed and used to prevent a disease from occurring."
This doesn't make you immune, but it prevents you from getting the disease and if you do, the symptoms are milder.
Malaria prophylactic for example.
So isn't this "vaccine" named wrongly?
It does protect you, so yes it still works. As it happens do you want to know how effective malaria prophylaxis is? Typically around 95% effective. More or less the same as the Covid vaccines.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do stop some people catching Covid when without the vaccine they would have caught it. We know this because groups of people who have been vaccinated get infected less than people who haven't. This is called science, it has been found to be fairly useful.

It does protect you, so yes it still works. As it happens do you want to know how effective malaria prophylaxis is? Typically around 95% effective. More or less the same as the Covid vaccines.

Sponsored Links

So you are confirming all of the above.

Trying to work out which account to use? :D
Excuse me?
I’m sure if you ask the mods they can confirm I only have the one account.
So ask the mods
So nice try in trying to get my thrown off a thread.
Normally you wait a day or two before you lie and try and get a thread shut down but this time you come straight in.
:rolleyes:

Excuse me?
I’m sure if you ask the mods they can confirm I only have the one account.
So ask the mods
So nice try in trying to get my thrown off a thread.
Normally you wait a day or two before you lie and try and get a thread shut down but this time you come straight in.
:rolleyes:
I don't really care, have as many as you like.

What do you think of Johnny's line of argument, that we shouldn't call any of the Covid vaccines that because they work just like every other vaccine? Or that we shouldn't use the term prophylactic because they work just like other prophylactics?

We’ve been vaccinating children against German measles for years to protect pregnant women. Why is the principle of vaccinating children for Covid any different?

Most diseases that effect children are (thankfully) vaccinated against. Also we tend to try to go for contagious respiratory diseases aswell.

The principal is slightly different purely because the prognosis for children is different. I.e. they tend to experience mild symptoms and it would seem that complications are thankfully very rare.

Not so long ago there was a very realistic chance that a few of your children's friends would suffer or even die from diseases that are now virtually eliminated.

These situations are exactly why we have separate entities that produce the best advice for the individual themselves (JVCI), but also from a wider public health standpoint (usually PHE), so balanced decision can be reached.

I don't really care, have as many as you like.

What do you think of Johnny's line of argument, that we shouldn't call any of the Covid vaccines that because they work just like every other vaccine? Or that we shouldn't use the term prophylactic because they work just like other prophylactics?

I do not understand his point since the vaccine is a prophylactic vaccine.

Most diseases that effect children are (thankfully) vaccinated against. Also we tend to try to go for contagious respiratory diseases aswell.
I agree in general but it's worth saying that most diseases that badly effect children are vaccinated against. There are plenty that are mild enough that we don't vaccinate for, like chickenpox.

Sometimes it's a tricky question on which vaccines are worth giving. Things like MMR are no brainers, things like chickenpox are less clear. For children at least Covid-19 vaccines are much closer to chickenpox. They do reduce the harm of the disease but it's normally low enough risk that it isn't worth doing.

I do not understand his point since the vaccine is a prophylactic vaccine.
Johnny's a bit... odd.

If I'm still around in 10 years time, I'll still have my dna uncompromised.
Can the vaccinated guarantee this?
As they follow Lord Covid religion now, let's listen to THE prophet, himself, mr bill gates..
He thinks the jabs are meant to change your DNA so your veins can be used as pencils. Or something like that. It's hard to tell.

Chickenpox is an interesting one since other countries do actively vaccinate against it, but a vaccination program for chickenpox then has a long term cost associated for adult boosters and other surprising items to add to the decision matrix.

There are several good arguments for a chickenpox vaccination program in the UK, around 20 children a year die directly of chicken pox in UK and significant numbers have secondary skin complications from it. However, natural infection by chickenpox has been implicated in immunity to shingles through to adulthood and also interacts with other diseases - so it's a balanced decision with underlying costs treating an increase in shingles cases would be a big chunk of change.

I wouldn't compare covid to chickenpox, the harms and risks are different and a simplified comparison doesn't cover the details really required for each.

Johnny's a bit... odd.

He thinks the jabs are meant to change your DNA so your veins can be used as pencils. Or something like that. It's hard to tell.

Ok I can understand the point of view, but literally you can inspect it's contents and the data.

I suspect there is not so much transparency with things like energy drinks or vapes etc and noone bats an eyelid at those!

Since you bring up 'science'...

"Moving too quickly to give people Covid booster jabs would deprive scientists of data on how well the vaccines work, AstraZeneca bosses have said."

"We do not yet know whether that third dose is clinically needed,"

"Moving too quickly to boost across the entire adult population will deprive us of these insights, leaving this important decision to rest on limited data,"

So it's an ongoing medical experiment on an unprecedented scale, with no known outcome to date!

And any parent who gets their child jabbed with a 'vaccine' with unknown consequences or benefits is effectively guilty of child abuse!

Sponsored Links
Back