Should Iran stop its nuclear programme?

kendor said:
you still need to get the Uranium 234 into a certain state (235) for it to be useful for weapons and it's that instability that is extremely complex and too hard for your average joe terrorist.

Critical Mass is what you need before triggering the chain reaction and this state is very hard to produce unless you have the equipment and knowhow

you get the u235 as a by product of domestic nuclear fuel use. it's only unstable if it gets to near other bits of u235 ie it approches critical mass which is the point where an uncontolled rection starts

All the bomb does is violently combines the two bits of U235 each of which is less than a critical mass by firing one into the other. Hey presto loud bang

The only difficult bits getting the U235 in the first place

have a look at this

http://www.fas.org/nuke/intro/nuke/design.htm

Sponsored Links
his view is we should rattle the sabres at Iran like Bush did with Saddam ,
its a joke their are nearly 1 million Iranians on the west coast of the US

if the US War machine start lobbing battlefield nukes about .....I wonder how long those sleeper cells will take on their way too their targets with briefcase nukes ...
an as we know these guys arent afraid too die , an await they 40 virgins an mohammad at they right hand side preach his wisdom ...

I have said that they will be an Iranian Invasion by late Oct of this year ...

The Guards Regts are being trained in Faris /Dari at the moment ;)

oops or was that a secret ,lol

I've heard that suitcase nukes are an urban myth. There isn't enough fisionable material to create a critical mass.

joe

Given that we are constantly being told that we are under threat from crazies, wanting to let off something nuclear related in one of our cities, then I guess if either fact was true we'd have seen one by now.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
I've heard that suitcase nukes are an urban myth. There isn't enough fisionable material to create a critical mass.

joe

I think they would cause a bit of pollute as apposed to a nuclear explosion

Its the massive threat that yuri sold those bombs an so many vanished

WHERE ????

even the UN have them logged at soviet nuke bases , an opened empty oh dear gone ...OMFG :)

briefcase nukes
low yield nukes / similiar if you will with a dirty bombs ,
but....
BUT proper made nukes will still flatten areas , an not just Rad areas

but what do I know you military commanders here..:)

I only made custard at Catterick cookhouse an was a wiz with cleaning them dixies ..lol ;)

Moz said:
I only made custard at Catterick cookhouse an was a wiz with cleaning them dixies ..lol ;)
Exploding Custard better call it Kes's Yellow Peril! :)

Ricin is much more dangerous and easy to obtain.

I went to the curry house and asked for a strong curry.

He recommended the one with the 'ricin'.

I scarpered plenty quick.

joe

joe-90 said:
Ricin is much more dangerous and easy to obtain.

I went to the curry house and asked for a strong curry.

He recommended the one with the 'ricin'.

I scarpered plenty quick.

joe
very good :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back