Should Oscar Pistorius be allowed to run?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure quite what I think about this.

One part of me thinks that it's great that disabled people can compete against those who are able bodied but I can't help feeling that the time will come when the technology will give an unfair advantage.

Interested to see what others think.

MW

Sponsored Links
i think it's wrong.

Not about equality or prejudice, simply it's not like for like!

Presumably the sport's governing body will then limit the effect of the technology?

They'll be able to have a constructors championship at the olympics just life F1 ... Bionics Inc :LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
I can't help feeling that the time will come when the technology will give an unfair advantage.

MW

That,s the trouble,one day it will come, then where do you draw the line...... :?:

Then you give them a handicap, like in golf, and I believe, horseracing.
Nature gives people unfair advantages, like being, bigger, stronger, faster,etc, at least thats what I think, and thats why I almost always lose at golf, snooker, pool, etc. :cry:

some athletes have been gaining an unfair advantage for years.

the East Germans were quite prolific at cheating in the 1970's and early 80s.

drugs aside, if an able bodied athlete chose to wear a mechanical running aid then i'm certain there would be ripples.

drugs aside, if an able bodied athlete chose to wear a mechanical running aid then i'm certain there would be ripples.
Are you trying to say that Walter Korbutt was a cheat? :eek:

Are you trying to say that Walter Korbutt was a cheat? :eek:

no. but the East Germans were.

if i beat a champion arm wrestler with a prosthetic arm that were somehow 'enhanced' with powerful hydraulics then i would certainly be frowned upon. if there were large sums of money involved then i would be lynched.

if large sums of money become involved in running, who knows, you may even see athletes removing limbs just to compete with 'enhanced' limbed runners.
it needs careful monitoring me thinks.

what about Linford Christie? He reputedly had a third leg?

Sponsored Links
Back