should we apologise for our part in slavery?

sparkacus said:
anybody that's interested...

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/slavery.htm

Surprised there's nothing about William Wilberforce in there & you being from 'Ull!!!!

The slave trade has always existed even prior to our participation in it - Romans and Greeks had slaves! It even exists today but not on such a scale. We are now a country which has such a cosmopolitan society made up of numerous nations and I like to think as a nation that we abhor slavery.

Yes we did enslave many nations :oops: - BUT we now have a very good reputation against such evils!

Thanks for the link. very interesting.

Sponsored Links
BOB.DOLE said:
Richardp said:
Do you think we should apologise for our countries role in the slave trade? or would it be an empty gesture? I mean it could lead on to making apologises for everything bad that our country ever did, but then again would that be a bad thing? I feel sorry for the treatment of slaves but don't feel any personal responceability for it, and so for me it would be an empty gesture.
having said that, I did once watch a programme about the slave trade and felt extreme sadness and shame at the time.

well i think we should i think we should apologise and make a nice gesture by giving all the fugees a free house and a job
WHAT ABOUT THE CASH!!!!!

BOB DOLE, well i think we should i think we should apologise and make a nice gesture by giving all the fugees a free house and a job
thats nice :D very kind.

Richardp said:
BOB DOLE, well i think we should i think we should apologise and make a nice gesture by giving all the fugees a free house and a job
thats nice :D very kind.

And free ( oh, alright, 4 then ) hols down the Scillies .... ;)

Sponsored Links
seems to me they like sailing why not stick them all in a house boat and sail them in to the middle of the atlantic and pull the plug out of the boat
and have a sportsday have bets on who will make it and who wont
heee heee heee..............

Back