Shower flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have a question, was hoping one of the experts may be able to help. One of my customers has an eletric shower which was installed about a year back. The shower flow does not seem to be "steady" if that makes sense. Its almost as if the shower is "pulsing" as the water comes out. I've noticed they have 2 15mm isolation valves (small bore) on the cold pipe going into the shower, one about 500mm from the shower itself and one about 1000mm from the shower. Could these be whats causing the unsteady water flow from the shower?

I dont want to go changing the pipework or isolation valves (to full bore) for no reason.

The shower is a Mira Sprint.

Kind regards

Naz

Sponsored Links
Did you check the stopcocks fully open ?
Pulsing is useally due to a faulty flow valve.

Are you sure both are isolation valves ? pulsing is also a sign of sticking check valve so could one of the valves be a check valve ?

Sponsored Links
Hi

Have a question, was hoping one of the experts may be able to help. One of my installs doesn't work properly it is an eletric shower which i installed for cash about a year back.

The shower flow does not seem to be "steady" if that makes sense. Its almost as if the shower is "pulsing" as the water comes out. I've noticed they have 2 15mm isolation valves (small bore) on the cold pipe going into the shower, one about 500mm from the shower itself and one about 1000mm from the shower.

Could these be whats causing the unsteady water flow from the shower? Or my total lack of knowledge.

I dont want to go changing the pipework or isolation valves (to full bore) because I'm a cowboy.

The shower is a Mira Sprint.

HELP

Nasseem

Corrected that for you

;)

Welcome back Ironnaz, have you conkered world domination and are now working on faulty showers!

Are you sure both are isolation valves ? pulsing is also a sign of sticking check valve so could one of the valves be a check valve ?

yes, checked both, they are definately isolation valves. Is it worth removing those and changing them to full bore isolation valves to stop the pulsing?

Welcome back Ironnaz, have you conkered world domination and are now working on faulty showers!

lol almost dominated the world, just working on my masterplan (evil laugh) muwahahaha :evil:

Nah seriously, been very busy over the past few months, havent even had time to come on here. Most of my works been bathroom and kitchen installs and i can tell you its hard work! cant wait to be gas safe. Will spend my days sign gas certs :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back