Shower is Kaput after Water Shortage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this topic has been done to death.

Secondly, I am Lucifer's gift to DIY, I once sawed through the rafter I was stood on!

I have a Triton shower and have had it for a while so no warranty etc. however it has been working fine until last week when a burst pipe reduced our water pressure to the point that we got a trickle of water out of the shower and the low pressure light showing.

8 days later, Welsh Water (bless them) fixed the burst and the water came back on however the shower in question is making a rattling noise and is stuck on low pressure with very cold water coming out of it.

The only other thing worthy of mention is that my daughter came back from Uni and having been told by Welsh Water (bless them) that it would be fixed in 24 hours for the last 7 days, my daughter thought it was fixed and managed to have a quick shower (she was in a rush or she would have been there for hours as I pay for it!) with hot water even though the burst pipe wasn't fixed.

Ok, if you are still awake? did the burst pipe break my shower or has the new water that had grit in it etc. buggered up my shower or is it purely coincidence and either way is it fixable?

Thanks in advance for your patience and comments......

Sponsored Links
thanks for the quick response newboy - so this is caused by the burst water pipe - is it fixable?

Sponsored Links
Failing that it could be a stuck pressure switch. Triton are quite helpful if the problem isn't the filter

The water authority will usually inspect, diagnose and fix for free if the problem was caused by the leak.

I'm sure I had a shower once which had a commissioning procedure to go through when first installed (failure to do so would invalidate the warranty etc), and the instructions said you also had to follow it if the supply had been interrupted.

It is worth talking to WW saying you have had an issue and can they look at it?

Some friends of mine had a shower damaged by low or high pressure (can't remember which) and NWW replaced it FOC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back