1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Shower is Kaput after Water Shortage

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by Rodweiller, 13 Mar 2018.

1. Rodweiller

Rodweiller

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Firstly, I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this topic has been done to death.

Secondly, I am Lucifer's gift to DIY, I once sawed through the rafter I was stood on!

I have a Triton shower and have had it for a while so no warranty etc. however it has been working fine until last week when a burst pipe reduced our water pressure to the point that we got a trickle of water out of the shower and the low pressure light showing.

8 days later, Welsh Water (bless them) fixed the burst and the water came back on however the shower in question is making a rattling noise and is stuck on low pressure with very cold water coming out of it.

The only other thing worthy of mention is that my daughter came back from Uni and having been told by Welsh Water (bless them) that it would be fixed in 24 hours for the last 7 days, my daughter thought it was fixed and managed to have a quick shower (she was in a rush or she would have been there for hours as I pay for it!) with hot water even though the burst pipe wasn't fixed.

Ok, if you are still awake? did the burst pipe break my shower or has the new water that had grit in it etc. buggered up my shower or is it purely coincidence and either way is it fixable?

Thanks in advance for your patience and comments......

2. NotSoNewboy

NotSoNewboy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'd suspect debris has blocked an inline filter

3. Rodweiller

Rodweiller

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks for the quick response newboy - so this is caused by the burst water pipe - is it fixable?

4. NotSoNewboy

NotSoNewboy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's common to have debris in the pipe after a burst/repair.

Depends on your shower (and if there is a filter fitted)

5. NotSoNewboy

NotSoNewboy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  6. chivers67

chivers67

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Failing that it could be a stuck pressure switch. Triton are quite helpful if the problem isn't the filter

7. Lectrician

Lectrician

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The water authority will usually inspect, diagnose and fix for free if the problem was caused by the leak.

8. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm sure I had a shower once which had a commissioning procedure to go through when first installed (failure to do so would invalidate the warranty etc), and the instructions said you also had to follow it if the supply had been interrupted.

9. securespark

securespark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It is worth talking to WW saying you have had an issue and can they look at it?

10. crystal ball

crystal ball

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Some friends of mine had a shower damaged by low or high pressure (can't remember which) and NWW replaced it FOC