Shower isolator and Extractor fan recommendations

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Winston
As you don’t have a copy of the regs, you don’t know 134.1.1 states that ‘the installation of electrical equipment shall take account of manufacturers instructions’.
Mechanical maintenance requires disconnection of all live conductors (detailed in section 464 of the book you don’t have, but feel qualified to comment on).

Winston
As you don’t have a copy of the regs, you don’t know 134.1.1 states that ‘the installation of electrical equipment shall take account of manufacturers instructions’.

As I have said not having a copy of a book does not mean I don't know the contents. So I am aware of reg 134.1.1 and I fully understand that "shall take account of" does not mean "follow blindly".

There are many instances of manufacturers instructions being dangerously wrong.

e.g. Picture below of MI for a B&Q oven.
It is impossible to follow these as 16A BS1363 fuses don't exist.

Mechanical maintenance requires disconnection of all live conductors (detailed in section 464 of the book you don’t have, but feel qualified to comment on).

Don't forget:

461.2 allows the neutral not to be switched under certain conditions,

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 62
As I have said not having a copy of a book does not mean I don't know the contents. So I am aware of reg 134.1.1 and I fully understand that "shall take account of" does not mean "follow blindly".

You either have the regs; have access to a copy; get your info from other souces.
If it is the third option, then you are flying blind.

Where did I say i would blindly follow?

There are many instances of manufacturers instructions being dangerously wrong.

e.g. Picture below of MI for a B&Q oven.
It is impossible to follow these as 16A BS1363 fuses don't exist.

It takes a couple of minutes to calculate the load. If this greater than 13 amps, you can't use an FCU.
Given that a 16A fuse is not available, how does this count as 'dangerously wrong'?

Don't forget:

461.2 allows the neutral not to be switched under certain conditions,

I am aware of this reg, but would recommend a DP switch is fitted locally.
Working anywhere were water and electricity are present is potentially dangerous, so why would you not want local isolation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back