Signing off my work.

This is what i dont get.

So i have to issue a certificate to sign up to be able to issue a certificate?

Bonkers! :mrgreen:

Think i will give them a ring in the morning.

Thanks for all your help lads!

Sponsored Links
No, you can still complete a certificate without being a member of any scheme and your assessor would want to see that at the assessment to prove that you know how to complete them correctly.
Then you notify the job afterwards

This is what i dont get.

So i have to issue a certificate to sign up to be able to issue a certificate?
Is it that you don't get the difference between, or separation of, the Wiring Regulations and the Building Regulations?

For the work you describe you have to issue an EIC (assuming you want to comply with BS 7671). In the sense that there is no prohibition per se, anybody may issue an EIC for their work, registered/unregistered, qualified/unqualified.....

The work you describe is also notifiable, and so will also require a Building Regulations completion certificate to be issued. You don't do that directly, what you do, if you are registered, is to certify to your scheme organiser that you complied with the Building Regulations and they organise the issuing of the Building Regulations certificate to your client.

In order to register you have to show the assessor that you work to BS 7671 so you will show him the EIC, if you use this job as one of the ones to be assessed on.

Sponsored Links
2. Once the job is notified then a "Certificate of Compliance" will be issued. This will be done by building control if you notified direct to them or by your scheme provider on behalf of building control. This is usually issued direct to the customer so "the man" won't expect you to have a copy.

ban-all-sheds said:
The work you describe is also notifiable, and so will also require a Building Regulations completion certificate to be issued. You don't do that directly, what you do, if you are registered, is to certify to your scheme organiser that you complied with the Building Regulations and they organise the issuing of the Building Regulations certificate to your client.

Could I get clarification on these two underlined points please?

I was assuming that the electrician would be registered, it usually being financial suicide to not be.

Thank you Sheds:cool:
Three_cherries_on_a_gambling_screen_100922-202740-595009.jpg

Not a bad little document
http://www.rutland.gov.uk/ppimageupload/Image74431.PDF

And it's better link would be?
I'm tingling off the speckled hen deal I hooked tonight in a well known supermarket brand beginning with 'T':cool:

http://www.rutland.gov.uk/ppimageupload/Image74431.PDF You DO NOT need to tell your Local Authority Building Control
about the following work but you can still use an installer who
is registered with a Competent Person Scheme.
• Most repairs, replacements and maintenance work (though not
replacements of combustion appliances, oil tanks, electrical
consumer units or glazing units)
• Extra power points or lighting points or any other alterations to
existing circuits (except in bathrooms, kitchens or outdoors)
• Like..............

IS THIS CORRECT NO NOTIFICATION FOR A NEW CONSUMER UNIT

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to read that twice too.

:D

I was just looking for clarification regarding the actual name of the cert issued by the Local Authority. It seems to be called a "Completion Certificate". Is this correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back