Silly RF Lighting

thats when sidecutters come into play..........
Indeed, when (as I think was usually the case) the cover is rubber. I have to confess that I probably still have some around that have been subjected to that 'remedial treatment' in the distant past!!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Yeap, done that! And also BS4343/Ceeforms ...... its always when trying to terminate them in a hurry on a festival site..... the 125A 5 pin ones are the ones which make you cry!
Not worked on 5pin bigger than 32A and they can be a right beggar if the wires are not in the correct order in the cable. There's less relative space in the bigger 5pin plugs which make them much harder.

Not worked on 5pin bigger than 32A and they can be a right beggar if the wires are not in the correct order in the cable. There's less relative space in the bigger 5pin plugs which make them much harder.

Oh yes.... it doesn't take you long to realise, when making up 125A extns with 35mm2 HR07 that you need to find out the layout of the cable & put the plug & coupler on the 'right' ends :)

Indeed, when (as I think was usually the case) the cover is rubber. I have to confess that I probably still have some around that have been subjected to that 'remedial treatment' in the distant past!!

Kind Regards, John

Yes - I still have a stack of 15A TRS extension leads with Duraplugs that have that very useful modification.

Sponsored Links
At a much lower, hence less catastrophic, level, there used to be (haven't seen one for years) those wretched BS1363 plugs with a 'plug top' (correct usage, for once :) ) with a hole through which the cable had to pass. I can't remember how many times .... :)
Afaict the 13A and 15A MK duraplugs were redesigned so that the cable no longer passed through the top, but the 5A ones still use the original design (though it's possible they have been discontinued,they are still listed on the MK website, but I can't seem to find anywhere that has them in stock new).

Afaict the 13A and 15A MK duraplugs were redesigned so that the cable no longer passed through the top, but the 5A ones still use the original design (though it's possible they have been discontinued,they are still listed on the MK website, but I can't seem to find anywhere that has them in stock new).
That all sounds reasonable. As I said, it's years since I've seen one (other than those I already have) which had the cable passing through the top.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back