Silly RF Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spot the ‘deliberate’ mistake :mad:

2DF24D39-16AB-4CC6-9131-0D994E084A83.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I suspect that many others will feel your pain, having done it themselves.

At least you remembered to put the boot on :)

Sponsored Links
Id quess a pyro supply and fp for the 12 or 24v stuff.
Though, can see a open Galv socket but dont see a double pole isolater marked FIRE ALARM DO NOT SWITCH OFF

Ooops!

Having learnt a similar lesson many years ago... when a terminated a 256 pin harting connector onto an audio multicore.... I was so happy with myself.... until I spotted the shell still on the bench - grinning at me!

I feel your pain RF!

Having learnt a similar lesson many years ago... when a terminated a 256 pin harting connector onto an audio multicore.... I was so happy with myself.... until I spotted the shell still on the bench - grinning at me!
At a much lower, hence less catastrophic, level, there used to be (haven't seen one for years) those wretched BS1363 plugs with a 'plug top' (correct usage, for once :) ) with a hole through which the cable had to pass. I can't remember how many times .... :)

Kind Regards, John

At a much lower, hence less catastrophic, level, there used to be (haven't seen one for years) those wretched BS1363 plugs with a 'plug top' (correct usage, for once :) ) with a hole through which the cable had to pass. I can't remember how many times .... :)

Kind Regards, John

Yeap, done that! And also BS4343/Ceeforms ...... its always when trying to terminate them in a hurry on a festival site..... the 125A 5 pin ones are the ones which make you cry!

Rf, are smaller pots and seal etc easy to get nowadays, last time i tried about 10 years ago it was a struggle though it was i think 16mm 2 core

They seem to be getting more expensive, but I don’t have any trouble getting 2L1 to 4L2.5 which is all I really use.

Not sure about something as big as 16mm that might be a bit rarer these days.

Kind Regards, John
thats when sidecutters come into play..........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back