Changing a Fuse in an Old Wylex board

Sponsored Links
I rather like the advice in the written step #3 about what to do if you don't know where your fuse box is.

And did you see the damage and scorch marks? I wonder how many times they caused a fault during the filming...

Anyway - full marks to these people:

they obviously know their stuff.

Full marks? For suggesting the main isolator switches off automatically in the event of a ruptured fusewire??

Sponsored Links
Exactly! What a wonderful thing that old Wylex board really is. :LOL:

The lighting fuse blows and the main switch automatically trips out, I don't think so...

chelsea electrical the most expensive shop in london he has changed his name 4 times that i can remember

Exactly! What a wonderful thing that old Wylex board really is. :LOL:

The lighting fuse blows and the main switch automatically trips out, I don't think so...

The only time a main switch could trip when a lamp fails, is when a 30mA RCD is the main incoming device on a CU perhaps.

You don't see many of them fitted to old wylex boards, which is what the wiki entry is about...

Besides, a failing lamp will NOT trip an RCD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back