Single switch electrical socket with l1, n1,l2 and n2 connected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm trying to change the switch which controls my heating; I took it off the wall and it's got five connectors (L1,N2 and L2, N2). The switch isn't broken it's just not very appealing so I know what's there works. I was going to use a light single gang light switch, with COM, L1 and L2, but I don't think this is the right solution.

Looking into this in a bit more detail I was wondering if I needed a fused socket too?

Any advice would be gratefully received,
James

Sponsored Links
Photos please. It sounds like some sort of double pole switch, in which case a light switch is not a suitable replacement.

Yes, plus earth, sorry about that. Here's a photo of the front and the best angle of the back I can get without taking it off,

Attachments

• IMG_20170312_180551.jpg
    IMG_20170312_180551.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_20170312_180651.jpg
    IMG_20170312_180651.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 827
Sponsored Links
Yes, it is a double pole switch - that is it switches both Line and Neutral.

What heating does it control?

ban-all-sheds Yes, I should have taken that as a sign of their general attitude to maintenance when buying the house.

It's attached to a ~2013 era gas Combi boiler.

An FCU (also DP) with 3A fuse is usual for central heating isolator.

It should isolate the whole system; not just the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back