1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Sink cabinet installed but drawer cutout not in line with pipes...advice.

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by karansaraf, 31 Aug 2020.

1. karansaraf

karansaraf

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Installed a sink cabinet but the top drawer is colliding with the waste pipe from the sink. Has been an absolute nightmare, and every combination of pipes used had some form of leak. This configuration is finally working and I don't want to have to change the pipes again if possible.

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions regarding any neat/tidy modifications I could make to the drawer to make this fit? It's only overlapping by about 3cm.

Attached Files:

2. dilalio

dilalio

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Adjust the waste pipework using solvent weld pipe and fittings so that the P trap points directly to the back of the cabinet and not off to the left or right.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. nwgs

nwgs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    829EF16B-3816-40FD-AA5C-19757AEA7423.jpeg 846560D0-514B-4A6C-8301-E6628C96289E.jpeg 846560D0-514B-4A6C-8301-E6628C96289E.jpeg
    I fitted what looks like the same unit a few weeks back. I cut some of the bottom of the unit out and fitted the pipe in the gap.

I made the unit secure with some batern. It was a pain and the unit seems like it was designed to have a rear waste pipe

The waste is under the base to allow it to come up straight

Last edited: 31 Aug 2020
  5. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Where is the actual waste pipe located, is it sitting off to the left and traveling down, can't see from that picture. Or is it heading into the wall but the outflow is still offset to the left of the drawer slot? Can you take the drawer out and take another pic?

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links