Sink waste help for a big old armitage shanks porcelain sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're currently in the process of renovating our kitchen and my wife found a big old sink on Facebook marketplace that she wants installing but I am having a difficult time finding a waste and trap that will fit it.

All the wastes I have seen are designed to go straight down through a vertical plug hole but one side of this drains toward the center then goes down so that the overflow can drain from the same place.

I can find a plug to fit it as there's still a hole available to put a bolt down but there are holes on the bottom to attach a waste to front the looks of it and I have seen nothing anywhere in my searches yet that would fit on the bottom of this sink.

Any pointers in what to search for or products that would work would be amazing.
1000017809.jpg
1000017808.jpg
1000017807.jpg
1000017810.jpg

Sponsored Links
Your chances are slim to non-existant IMO.

Such a ?laundry sink would have come with a custom made waste/overflow fitting without which you are snookered.

Repurpose as planter? Or get very creative with a 3D printer!

Fittted up with asylum tiles round it - it'll look a treat :eek:

Sponsored Links
For anyone else coming here we had a recommendation from an old plumber friend that weight be able to use an adjustable urinal flange plate like this.

1000017864.png

It might not quite suit our needs but I'll follow up with results once/if we try it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back