Sites that make you go mmm

Wires are in the wrong terminals.

Both the switch and box is clearly marked L on the left side and N on the right.
Some buffoon has then put the neutrals into the L terminals and line into the N terminals.

A case of two wrongs making a right - until someone then changes the T&E and looks at the markings rather than the incoming wires.

And as all three of those meters are fairly new, is it really so hard to get three of the same make?

Sponsored Links
Wires are in the wrong terminals.

Both the switch and box is clearly marked L on the left side and N on the right.
Some buffoon has then put the neutrals into the L terminals and line into the N terminals.

A case of two wrongs making a right - until someone then changes the T&E and looks at the markings rather than the incoming wires.

And as all three of those meters are fairly new, is it really so hard to get three of the same make?

That's a bugger isn't it?

The tail man did a nice neat job there, apart from the obvious mistake with the L and N.

Do you think scrubbing the markings off or fitting labels over would be an acceptable bodge in this case?

Obviously the twin and earth part is a diaster, still see a lot of that.

Reminds me a bit of the obsession of removing too much sheath on tails and leaving the inner insulation exposed on meters.

On second thoughts, bolocks to it. Get the tail man to put it right. If it's wrong it's wrong.

Apart from the tails entering the wrong side of the isolators

What makes you think thats wrong? (clue: look closely at where the DNO seals are)

I was referring to the second image posted by SMN. The tails from the meter should enter the bottom so they can be sealed leaving the top part to be removed by the contractor.
fair enough, I thought you were commenting on the first pic.

Sponsored Links
Apart from the tails entering the wrong side of the isolators

What makes you think thats wrong? (clue: look closely at where the DNO seals are)
I am obviously missing the subtle point here! Referring to the first photograph. Brown should mean live yes? Blue should mean neutral yes?
So the seal man is wrong and the person that followed should have either called him back to fit it properly or refused to connect it up.
lol, that'll teach me to just look at the pic at the size it is in the post, didn't notice the L/N until I clicked for the full size pic. Just saw the brown to red and blue to black

Her husbands mate did the spur for the extension.

I think that the cable was pierced by a nail and that the earth must have melted back in the cable towards the source of the spur and caused the fuse to blow, then the cpc was open circuit to the fuseboard but the other disconnected part had welded itself to the intact live towards the appliance.

Upshot appliance case live ; no fuse blowing at fuse board.

His mate also spured the the lights off without fusing down.

Both husband and mate long dead, luckily not the wife.

She brought a plastic case washing machine :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back