SJW's

B

Brigade77

Finally caught a live one. Treated the missus to a short break in Bronte' country & just happened to pull into a pub where 2 were lurking.

Those that know me will appreciate that Dork loves his dogs more than his current missus, so the aircon was duly turned up to MAX shortly before we parked. It might very well be 38degC in the shade but in the back of Dork's Strange Rover it's -5.

I love my dogs, I really do. There is no one on this earth that understands them more than me & I would never subject them to the heat & the bustle of a pubs beer garden on probably the hottest day ever, so when she took offence at me leaving them locked in a hot car like the bastard I am I only pointed out that they're probably a lot better off than her other half . . . .

& then it all kicked off . . . .

Sponsored Links
Why do people think turning the air-con on for a dog in a car is ok?

To have the air con on the engine has to be running. Do people actually leave their engine running while they go somewhere?

1/ If a thief sees your engine running he will try the door.
1a/If locked he will smash the window.
1b/ If car contains vicious dog, (or any dog for that matter), after smashing window thief will quickly open door, release dog onto highway and jump into car.

2/ If car is successfully driven away then insurance will not pay out. (Keys left in ignition).
2a/ Insurance will not pay for damaged window for same reason.

3/ If car is left with engine running then RTA has been broken as it is illegal to leave car running whilst no one is in driving seat. (Even applies if the car is on your own driveway)

4/ Whilst leaving an animal in a vehicle is not strictly against the law, if the animal is deemed to be IN ANY DANGER of suffering in any form, the owner/driver can be prosecuted for animal cruelty.

I've heard the line, "We were only having a quick drink and we could see he was alright from the pub car park."
Yes, while they were sitting in the shade of an umbrella and the car was in the shade of a tree. Big difference is, there is no air movement in a stationary car so despite being in the shade it can quickly heat up. When it heats up the air inside can actually become very dry which will slow down the removal of exhaled breath.

There is NO EXCUSE/REASON to leave an animal unattended in a vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Why do people think turning the air-con on for a dog in a car is ok?

To have the air con on the engine has to be running. Do people actually leave their engine running while they go somewhere?

1/ If a thief sees your engine running he will try the door.
1a/If locked he will smash the window.
1b/ If car contains vicious dog, (or any dog for that matter), after smashing window thief will quickly open door, release dog onto highway and jump into car.

2/ If car is successfully driven away then insurance will not pay out. (Keys left in ignition).
2a/ Insurance will not pay for damaged window for same reason.

3/ If car is left with engine running then RTA has been broken as it is illegal to leave car running whilst no one is in driving seat. (Even applies if the car is on your own driveway)

4/ Whilst leaving an animal in a vehicle is not strictly against the law, if the animal is deemed to be IN ANY DANGER of suffering in any form, the owner/driver can be prosecuted for animal cruelty.

I've heard the line, "We were only having a quick drink and we could see he was alright from the pub car park."
Yes, while they were sitting in the shade of an umbrella and the car was in the shade of a tree. Big difference is, there is no air movement in a stationary car so despite being in the shade it can quickly heat up. When it heats up the air inside can actually become very dry which will slow down the removal of exhaled breath.

There is NO EXCUSE/REASON to leave an animal unattended in a vehicle.
Well said Conny.
Stupidly hot days and dogs in cars never mix.

Illegal to leave a car parked up with the engine running, doesn't matter if in it or not.

Basically Dork, selfish behaviour on all accounts.

Even applies if the car is on your own driveway
The clue is in the description: ROAD Traffic Act..... of course you can run your engine on your own driveway.
The Road Traffic Act enforces rule 123 of the Highway Code, which says: "You must not leave a vehicle’s engine running unnecessarily while that vehicle is stationary on a public road."

In the same way that a vehicle used on private land (your own driveway or track etc) does not need insurance or tax or MOT.

Sponsored Links
Back