Sky Internet

Sponsored Links
On my wifi tablet, I'm currently getting 51Mbps. Router is other side of house, 1 floor down.

The hardwired PC gets over 100

On Virgin here, fibre to end of road, then co-ax

The smart TV runs progs and films no probs, on wireless.

Cable TV is part of the package but I don't use it.

Virgin are notorious for winching the price up, though.

Edit
I see they offer 200 and 350 for a slightly higher subscription.

Last edited:
The second picture is still 4G EE Speedtest not your SKY WiFi. The phone is not connected to WiFi

This rather assumes that when he does connect to wi-fi that it isn't itself a problem. Wi-fi != internet connection. If you want to properly test the speed there needs to be a physical connection to the router/modem.

If he lives in a densely populated area with lots and lots of wi-fi routers all competing for the same channel space then it won't matter if he has Gigabit internet if his router is channel hopping all of the time.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200624_211840_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624_211840_com.android.chrome.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20200624_211840_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624_211840_com.android.chrome.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 119
A while back I was going to switch from sky to Virgin.

Sky made me an offer and I accepted. Since then I'm sure my Internet has got slower.
I called then the other day to see what an upgrade would cost.. I said I'll think about it. As sure as I'm sitting in my garden with my pants on. It's since got even slower. Do sky do this or is it my imagination.
just do speed test

My laptop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200624_222645_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624_222645_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 119
That Speedtest is your mobile EE not SKY, looking at your phone screen your not even connected to any wifi.

Maybe this is the reason it seems slow you are not actually using and instead using 4G?
:LOL:

On my wifi tablet, I'm currently getting 51Mbps. Router is other side of house, 1 floor down.

The hardwired PC gets over 100

On Virgin here, fibre to end of road, then co-ax

The smart TV runs progs and films no probs, on wireless.

Cable TV is part of the package but I don't use it.

Virgin are notorious for winching the price up, though.

Edit
I see they offer 200 and 350 for a slightly higher subscription.
i get ave 350 with virgin . fttp.
£38 first year

That’s slow! Silly question but have you tried switching off your router, disconnecting the power to it for 5 mins and then switching back on? That’s what I do to mine when it runs that slow. Either that or you have a fault on your line.

I’m on Vodafone. Just over £17 a month and that’s good enough for me.

57CA1316-85D7-47B8-9A60-3FE1DF70C2F4.png

Seems pretty good to me! I am on Vodafone (£22 a month, internet and phone line rental) and get about 35Mps at best. But, 2 kids on xboxes, wife on whatsapp video, or something, and me on the PC working, and no problems.

Maybe number of connections is an issue?

But, when you got the worse connection, slower speeds, where were you? In the garden? Wifi would not be as good in the garden as sitting next to the wifi access point / router.

I just ran speedtest on my phone, on wifi, and got 112Mbps download, 14 Mbps upload.

Did it on Vodafone 4G and got 27Mbps

Last edited:
But, when you got the worse connection, slower speeds, where were you? In the garden?

I was in my bedroom on my PC.
The 2nd one I did on my phone connected to my home Internet it was in the garden

Sponsored Links
Back