Smart light switch and current home wiring

M

mattih5

Hi,

I'm contemplating purchasing a smart light switch that I can use wifi to control but I'm not sure on if the current wiring situation within my home will work with the requirements of the new light switch.

Attached is an image of the switch as it stands at the moment in my home that I'd like to replace.

The information from the manufacturer of the switch I'm buying is :-

Before you place the order...

Please check which type of wiring your current light switch is using. There are a few different layouts. Some houses only have a 2-wire system (which Only uses a Live wire) - These will not work with WIFIPLUG GLASS, so please check in advance.

As the unit has a self contained WIFI (2.4GHZ) Chip inside it needs a constant power feed which is why you must have a Neutral wire in place.

Wiring is extremely simple - Put the N (Neutral wire) into the N 'IN' hole on the back of the WIFIPLUG GLASS and put the L (Live wire) into the L 'IN' and L1 'OUT' hole then screw the wires into place and mount the switch onto the provided back plate.
I'm not certain my current switch has a neutral, would someone be able to confirm this? The above is for a one-gang wireless switch, I'd be looking to purchase the two-gang version.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 214
Sponsored Links
If the existing cable is in conduit, it may be possible to pull it out and at the same time pull in 2x T&E cables instead.
If not, then it's hack out the wall to install new cable.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back