Smell from Worcester Junior 24i - after heating goes off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Hope all well. I wonder if it's possible to give a quick bit of advice as I'm no expert! I have had the above boiler for 3 years and it's proven to be very relaible. However, last night I turned my boiler off after two slightly concerning events! Am currently trying to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look.

I set the timer for the heating to go off at 2200 each night. On Tuesday evening, heating worked fine but at 2230 (the heating had turned off as expected) I thought I noticed a slight smell of gas in the boiler area. Not particularly strong and it quickly dissipated leaving me think I'd imagined it.

However, last night, again the heating worked perfectly but at around 2245 I definitely smelt gas this time. Again it quickly dissipated but this time I just turned the boiler off altogether. It's definitely not giving off a smell while the heating or hot water is on. Only once the heating goes off.

Apologies for asking but has anyone experienced anything like this in the past and can possibly let me know what the outcome was? Hopefully I can get an enginner to take a look tonight. Failing that it would possibly be tomorrow.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back