Stink of gas when boiler goes OFF?

Sponsored Links
be fun watchin Steel take him apart quicker than he can spell google :)

just out of curiosity, did they perform the flue analysis and did they give you a little print out or told you if all the readings were Ok and within the required limits? what was your CO reading? this is just out of interest as I had mine serviced yesterday and the RGE gave me a print out of mine which said the following :
O2 %: 12.6
CO (PPM) 1
CO2 % 4.7
Ratio: 0.0000
pressure mbars 0.04

put it this way 0.0000 my ass , as your ratio would more like 0.02 , is that your high rate results ,not as healthy as you thought . steel has the nose for bullsh!tters :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
be fun watchin Steel take him apart quicker than he can spell google :)
You would love that wouldn't you! but you are too late for that, I have already been ripped to shreds by another one of your gang member and I am solo!

yes that is a true reading as far as his printer can print to 4 decimal points., not sure myself if I should believe those results, if assuming Co is only 1PPM, then I should be able to bring back the flue gasses and heat my house with 100% efficiency, now what do you recon? do you think it is a terrific idea? :cool:(y)

BTW, oxygen would be ok too, as there will 12.6% oxygen in the flue gasses, so wow, Happy New Year!

put it this way 0.0000 my ass , as your ratio would more like 0.02 , is that your high rate results ,not as healthy as you thought . steel has the nose for bullsh!tters :)
On the serious note yes that is the figure printed exactly as it is, RGE said that even 1ppm was going down to zero, and is on full heat, boiler was giving me explosive ignition, so i booked him to have a look what was wrong, he found that my burner pressure had crept up to almost 10mbars from the reccomended for my boiler (Vaillant 221GB) of 6mbars. he re-adjusted that and carried out low gas pressure test on low flame, he had to disconnect a certain rubber tubing from air pump and did then he set the low gas burner pressure. Having said that he checked incoming gas pressure as well, with my cooker all 4 burners on full heat and said the incoming pressure was within the limits.
#Boiler works real good now, no more explosive ignition, very silent, and btw its been ON 24/7 since October this year, on a cycling ON/OFF and no room thermostat as I run it at very low flow temperature of 40C. Original install date April 1994.

Attachments

• my boiler check.jpg
    my boiler check.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
if assuming Co is only 1PPM, then I should be able to bring back the flue gasses and heat my house with 100% efficiency, now what do you recon? do you think it is a terrific idea? :cool:(y)
Great idea ,now here's what you do......
Get hold of some 50mm copex tubing and attach it to inner flue @ terminal , run the tubing into the house through a window and let us know how it goes...Oh and while you're @ it crank boiler stat to max setting (No 9)..

Great idea ,now here's what you do......
Get hold of some 50mm copex tubing and attach it to inner flue @ terminal , run the tubing into the house through a window and let us know how it goes...Oh and while you're @ it crank boiler stat to max setting (No 9)..
I always wanted to do that, I don't know why, but yes one day not too soon, I will and post results as to how much efficiency i have gained, I also wanted to test my CO detector, so i took it outside and exposed it to my flue, 2 minutes later it started to drip with condensation, yet it did not go off, and showed 15ppm, I have an amazing boiler I tell you Steelmasons, you will definitely envy it. Its never been topped up with any chemical cleaners, or power flushed, and the rads are from 1975! you could seriously drink the CH water as a vintage wine! its that good!

Yeah pretty good cheers.

I had to liquidate my plumbing firm so now I've started working for the Serious Fraud Office investigating people who advertise themselves as a LTD company when they are not. It's shocking that people deceive consumers like that.

Some hefty fines being handed out.
:confused: , guessing isn't your strong point;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back