Gas smell from boiler when it switches off.

Ps I honestly dont understand what B23 means but I've just left the cover off anyway so I can see where the CO is coming from.

Nor do most other people who aren't looking it up for the acs exam.

Sponsored Links
Your knowledge astounds me you've probably forgotten more than I know
Probably??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...another keyboard fooked....

Ps I honestly dont understand what B23 means but I've just left the cover off anyway so I can see where the CO is coming from.
Crack on , why not take the time and have a condor cigar moment while sitting next to boiler..
The BS you spout astounds me....

Of course, I don't install...why would I have the slightest interest in keeping flue type codes in my head?

Sponsored Links
Ianmcd why such anger all the time.

Why can't you understand what a non educated punter like me on here means when describing used gas.

Pure new natural gas like that from a gas hob before it lights has a distinct smell.

That is not the smell I was getting in the boiler room. It was a gassy smell slightly acrid. Thought I'd covered all this much earlier. Turns out the smell is flu gas or what should have been blowing out of the flu.

This is why it had set off the CO alarms.

Burnt gas. Part burnt gas. Dirty gas. Used gas. Not that bad a description was it.

If I'd said I smell gas and it turned out to be flu gas you'd have been sending keyboard missiles saying but you said it was gas etc etc and id be having another night crying myself to sleep because you were angry.

Last edited:
Burnt gas. Part burnt gas. Dirty gas. Used gas. Not that bad a description was it.
I think it's a childish description to be honest......
"Combustion products" would have been a better description....or you could have used the term 'products of combustion.'

Ianmcd why such anger all the time.

Why can't you understand what a non educated punter like me on here means when describing used gas.

Pure new natural gas like that from a gas hob before it lights has a distinct smell.

That is not the smell I was getting in the boiler room. It was a gassy smell slightly acrid. Thought I'd covered all this much earlier. Turns out the smell is flu gas or what should have been blowing out of the flu.

This is why it had set off the CO alarms.

If I'd said I smell gas and it turned out to be flu gas you'd have been sending keyboard missiles saying but you said it was gas etc etc and id be having another night crying myself to sleep because you were angry.
Trust me lad I am in no way angry I come across *****s like you every day, been a very long time before wasters like you upset me , you change your story by the minute and you still havent told the true story, you were adamant that it was gas , yet it set off two CO Alarms now you are adamant that it is burnt gas , havent a clue what burnt gas smell is but I have only been in the industry for 36 years so what would I know

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the CO detectors still going off when you smell gas ? Are the grommets intact where the cables enter the boiler ? (See if we can get a new page record).

Trust me lad I am in no way angry I come across idiots like you every day, been a very long time before wasters like you upset me

I know how frustrating it can be working with people who know less than you but this really isn't an acceptable way to behave towards them. If you don't want to help, don't but don't just sit around being insulting towards them. As you say, you've been in the industry for over 36 years and the OP is a DIY-er. You'll obviously know more than him - that's why he's here asking questions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back