smoking ban

noseall said:
cazmick said:
Why are people blaming fags as a bad health risk, especially those driving cars etc, which give off far more health risk fumes.

Maybe those do-goodies that don't like inhaling toxic fumes/smoke should give up driving and stop poisoning the pedestrians on the pathways.

the catalytic converter on the new BMW is so good that the exhaust gasses are cleaner than the air it sucked in.

allegedly.

That may well be certain peoples opinion, but i will disagree with it.
Try the real test, stuff a pipe up your exhaust, run it through a window and see how long you live.
I'll do the same, smoking my fags, i bet i will live to see you buried, not the other way round :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
cazmick said:
Why are people blaming fags as a bad health risk, especially those driving cars etc, which give off far more health risk fumes.

Maybe those do-goodies that don't like inhaling toxic fumes/smoke should give up driving and stop poisoning the pedestrians on the pathways.
Hardly the same thing, is it? I mean, if you left your car idling in the garage, with the garage door closed, while you sat and had a pint in the corner, you wont live very long, Agreed.

However, car fumes in normal circumstances, out in the open, the concentration of fumes in the air is very low compared to that of a smoky pub.

Perhaps its about choice.
As an ex smoker I believe that I am apparently worse than people who have never smoked.

As a smoker I used to smoke in works vehicles, in work canteens, in work meetings, with work clients, etc etc etc......

I basically had a selfish approach to smoke and how it affects others. I basically didnt really care and put my need for a harmful substance above others.

I stopped when I came off the pill... for .. I hope, obvious reasons, and my partner stopped when I became pregnant, though should have before.

we were both 30 plus a day smokers.. in environments where 'we should have known better'.

the adverts that show the smoke curling like a snake up the nostrils of babes absolutely infuriates me.

As adults, we choose, (difficult or not) the situation we live in. Iknow some people live in fear in abusive relationships etc and it isnt breaking away... but we are adults and have a choice.

Childeren have no choice and to those of us who smoke in the house, car or anyway... would you tell your child to cross the motorway blindfolded?? no?? then dont gamble their health for your own dirty habit.

many of my pals are smokers.. but not where my kids are.. my kids cant choose.

sorry folks... back five mins and causing uproar.. but this is my bug bear.

The law is 'unpoliceable' but it has to start somewhere.

cazmick said:
Try the real test, stuff a pipe up your exhaust, run it through a window and see how long you live.
I'll do the same, smoking my fags, i bet i will live to see you buried, not the other way round :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

....mmm cracking argument cazmick, you win. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
cazmick said:

....mmm cracking argument cazmick, you win. :rolleyes:

I think he has a valid point :LOL:

Don't get me wrong, I think smoking ing pubs/clubs etc etc.. is a fair point but in work vans :rolleyes:

Smoking should be banned if the medical profession seem to believe it to be hazardous, same with vehicles if proven to be hazardous to health, can't see that happening though, point being smoking doesn't seem to be essential to everyday life as do vehicles. It's true in a Bar/Club you are exposed to higher concentrations of tobacco smoke amongst other noxious chemicals but id love to see a survey on long term exposure to pollution from various sources especially to those in built up areas, could people be eligible for compensation for related health problems and possibly shortness of lifespan?
Should people have the right to be able to live away from the smog and build homes in a smoke free zone where banning of pollutants would be paramount?
May be pie in the sky but why shouldnt peoples health be top of the agenda with the authorities?
There are those that feel strongly on the subject but dont seem to have a say in society.

Despite the fact that we live in a free country, with human rights, etc, we live in a democracy where smokers are now clearly in the minority. The majority do not want to be subjected to tobacco smoke. Smokers - you lose.

Regarding the work van issue: if you are on your own, who cares? Any silly little man from the council, who quotes rules, should be told to get a life.

But, if you're smoking in an enclosed space with me, including the work van, I will complain. I represent the majority opinion.

I don't see how pollution from exhausts can be equated with smoking. Of course it's harmful, and people do die from pollution but surely the overall risk is minimal compared to that of smoking.

If you ban cars from the roads then civilisation would collapse. If you ban people from smoking in enclosed spaces....then people would stop smoking in enclosed spaces and lots of people would be much happier.

hermes said:
I don't see how pollution from exhausts can be equated with smoking. Of course it's harmful, and people do die from pollution but surely the overall risk is minimal compared to that of smoking.

If you ban cars from the roads then civilisation would collapse. If you ban people from smoking in enclosed spaces....then people would stop smoking in enclosed spaces and lots of people would be much happier.

i think the point cazmick was getting at, is if you drive your car into a pub or someones lounge or any enclosed space and run the engine, you will cause more harm to the people inside than if you were just smoking.

cracking argument.

cracking. :rolleyes:

noseall said:
i think the point cazmick was getting at, is if you drive your car into a pub or someones lounge or any enclosed space and run the engine, you will cause more harm to the people inside than if you were just smoking.
:

Ah I see...good point...must try to remember not to do that.

i once got stranded on a motorway service station by a workmate..

we were driving back in the early hours from a job and stopped for a break, at which point he bought a pack of cigarettes as he had run out on the job..

I was fed up with having to breathe in his second hand smoke all day and on the drive down and refused to get back in the van if he was going to smoke..

so he drove off leaving me there..

all he had to do was not smoke for the hour or so to get back to the yard, but he wouldn't even do that..

i had to wait until the works opened and call for someone to come get me.. 3 hours later i was back at the works and in the boss's office getting his ass fired..

I thought it was already illegal to do anything in a car that means you have to take your hands off the steering wheel except for controlling the car..

you can't eat, drink,. or even wind the windows down whilst moving..

Sponsored Links
Back