smoking power shower

OK - serious question. I've always assumed a power shower was what I found defined as a shower assisted by a pump to increase water pressure.

We have such a shower, but the pump is under the bath.

Is a 'power shower' something which has the pump inside the shower stall, hanging on the wall? I'd appreciate a link to an example if this is so. :)

Sponsored Links
Power shower generally refers to a pumped shower which take both its hot and cold water from a normal header type system.
Electric shower generally refers to an electrically heated instantaneous shower which runs on mains pressure.
There is a mixture of both called a pumped electric shower which takes a cold water feed from a header tank.

Power shower generally refers to a pumped shower which take both its hot and cold water from a normal header type system.
Thanks for that - but was I right to assume that the pump is always fitted elsewhere, or do they make units where the pump is in a box with the shower controls mounted on and hanging inside on the cubicle wall (seems to me there wouldn't be room to fit a decent pump inside such a unit)?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back