Smug, Arrogant EE

That's a good un- from noseall regarding same number for 17 years.
Had my number since 1992.
Anyone beat that ?. ;)

Exact same year I got mine, I was 18. It was a motorola flip phone with the aerial that you pulled up. £50 a month line rental and about 50p a minute or something daft like that. I remember my phone bills were in the hundreds each month which took up most of my earnings. The old 0956 number. Most of the first early numbers were 0831 :cool:

Didn't get my first text till some years after though.... can't remember which year exactly...

Sponsored Links
Anyone beat that ?. ;)

Exact same year I got mine, I was 18. It was a motorola flip phone with the aerial that you pulled up. £50 a month line rental and about 50p a minute or something daft like that. I remember my phone bills were in the hundreds each month which took up most of my earnings. The old 0956 number. Most of the first early numbers were 0831 :cool:

Didn't get my first text till some years after though.... can't remember which year exactly...

Did you know the ariel was fake, and just a cosmetic thing? :p

Sponsored Links
Are you a smartphone user or do you still use one where you pull the ariel up when the phone rings? :D

Not quite an earial up job, but an ancient Nokia 6100. Whatever I do to it, and whatever abuse it gets, it won't die. Suppose I will have to move into 21st century one day. :oops:

When we went on holiday to France a few years back, our friends had new iphones, the ones that suffered reception problems if you covered it with your hand. My antique was the only phone that you could rely on to have a signal wherever we went.

The basic T9 dictionary is pretty good...

Don't know about inputting text via keypad, but on the Samsung smart phones I've played with, you can "swipe" or use the keypad normally. You can also talk to it and it will convert speech to text.

On the Note II you can even use the stylus to write your text in handwriting and it converts it to text as you write.

Anyone beat that ?. ;)

Did you know the ariel was fake, and just a cosmetic thing? :p

Ha ha I didn't know that!

Sponsored Links
Back