Smug, Arrogant EE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They claim that their rivals "will never catch up " in the 4G race.

They are also not worried about pre-pay customer numbers dropping by 571,000 as contract customers spend five times as much.

Not surprised, when their tariffs start at £36 and go up to £60+.

Are you tempted?

Sponsored Links
Rarely study my mobile phone bill.

Quick glance then file with all the other months receipts.

Had the same mobile number for 17+ years.

Don't know what they are like to deal with, but the one thing that 4G potentially offers is the ability to finally ditch ur landline broadband provider, with the mandatory line rental fee.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, where you can link up a lappy to a mobile so as to connect to the net.

They claim that their rivals "will never catch up " in the 4G race.

They are also not worried about pre-pay customer numbers dropping by 571,000 as contract customers spend five times as much.

Not surprised, when their tariffs start at £36 and go up to £60+.

Are you tempted?

They're probably right SS, at the moment they've got 4G all to themselves in some ways bar the bit they had to give away i.e. to '3', orange i believe are using the old ITV digital transmitters hence the seemingly ready made overnight network so they were always going to be years ahead.

As for tariffs.........what are they? Tariffs are just a guideline, i never pay what they advertise - if they want my business then they must do a better deal than advertised, i'm no different to anybody really, probably everyone on here demands the best price when they go to a builders merchant, i do it with orange.

Without looking for the exact amount i got my £36pm with standard mins/texts down to about £20 but also got unlimited mins and texts and up'd the data to 2meg from the advertised 1meg.

Tethering.....hmmmmm i think its still one thing orange (EE) aren't too keen on i think but it won't be long before the government put pressure on the networks to allow tethering, 3 allow it and with the government wanting everybody to have access to highspeed internet it won't be long before its the norm, the next task is to put pressure on EE to have unlimited data bundles, ATM i believe they only allow upto 1meg as a standard allowance

4G =20meg speeds, tethering allowed with unlimited data will be pretty cool but if they want to worry landline based broadband they need to reduce the monthly tariffs, i believe they start £56 but again i would expect a deal on that and i'd be happy at about £30 but i've been with orange since day one and i seem to carry some clout but if your a relatively new customer they'll tell you to sod off because as far as 4G goes they know they have you over a barrel, will 3 ever catch up....i doubt it, will vodafone and O2 ever trouble EE........Nah no way, EE have it sewn up i'm afraid

That's a good un- from noseall regarding same number for 17 years.
Had my number since 1992.
Anyone beat that ?. ;)

I'm a bit like that. My current phone, Sony Ericsson K800i, was my first mobile with a camera.

Had it years.

Thinking of upgrading to one that has a bigger screen....Note II or Mega 6.3". Then at least I'll be able to see what I'm texting. No more texts like this:

Hi darling i'll be good soon. I'll bring some done with me.

Yeah, baby!

Hi darling i'll be good soon. I'll bring some done with me.

:LOL:

After many years of trying to decipher predictive text on a miniscule screen - I instinctively know what you are trying to say.

What I really want to know is, have they improved on predictive text on newer phones?

For example, on my phone, when I hit the three keys needed to type my name (Ian), first I get 'ibm', then 'ham' before actually getting to 'ian'. Has predictive text become intelligent, so that it realises that my usual choice from the various options when hitting the three keys to spell my name is actually 'ian', and gives you this first, as it is the option most used?

If this makes sense. :confused:

Yes in short.

There are lots of keyboard apps to download, i've tried many - some good with excellent dictionaries that learn what your trying to type and some real dire ones which don't recognise even the most basic word

Yes in short.

There are lots of keyboard apps to download, i've tried many - some good with excellent dictionaries that learn what your trying to type and some real dire ones which don't recognise even the most basic word

Thanks.

So it's really only available as an extra. They never improved predictive text as standard or on non-smart phones?

Seems such a basic improvement that would speed things up.

Are you a smartphone user or do you still use one where you pull the ariel up when the phone rings? :D

The basic T9 dictionary is pretty good and forms the basis of predictive text, but the T9 has evolved 10 fold over the years and it learns now, it doesn't just know what word you just typed - it knows the next 3, it learns the way you type, your vocabulary i guess, personally i don't like that, i much prefer it to just tell me the word i'm typing

Sponsored Links
Back