Snapped wire on charger for battery drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I managed to snap the connector off the wire for my cordless drill charger. I've bought a new cordless drill and the connector seems the same but the plugs electrical ratings look different.

Knowing nothing about electrics...I was wondering is the new plug on the left is usable with my old drill that used to use the now broken plug on the right??

Cheers
34357F16-B2E5-4945-A5E4-3C6E006A73CD_zpsgtcuy6ni.jpg

Sponsored Links
NO!!!

You can put a new jack on the old charger cable BTW. You'll need a multimeter to check the polarity of the old jack and calipers to measure the external and internal diameter of the old jack.

Or just buy a new charger...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272303121323

Gaz :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The Titan unit outputs 23 volts. The Black and Decker outputs 15.3 volts. Hemnce they asr NOT interchangable.

If you put the Titan plug ( 23 volt ) into the Black and Decker tool ( 12 volt ) then there is a very high ( near certainty ) that the Black and Decker tool will suffer severe damage.

NO!!!

You can put a new jack on the old charger cable BTW. You'll need a multimeter to check the polarity of the old jack and calipers to measure the external and internal diameter of the old jack.

Or just buy a new charger...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272303121323

Thanks. Is it easy to put a new jack on and where would you get one from? Think the new plug is going to be the way to go

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Is it easy to put a new jack on and where would you get one from?

Yes, they are usually solder tag connections though. If you don't have a soldering iron, you can get screw terminal ones...

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140912591619 THIS ONE IS NOT NECESSARILY THE CORRECT SIZE BTW!

You need to measure the existing one first to check. Even the 5.5mm diameter ones (which it probably is, it's a common size) come in two different internal pin diameters, 2.1 or 2.5mm.

CNT-C4-Size.jpg

Cheers, very useful to know. I've ordered the plug but I'll keep this in mind if I forget the drills plugged in a rip the jack off again (n)

No, send it back!

Gaz:)

They said "this is actually a more expensive variant
according to black and decker It is now the replacement as the original is no longer available"

Thoughts??

You could try the charger shown on Ebay as item 131435471859?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back