So Sad But True....... The Pictures Speak For Themselves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not going to say anything except have a look and read. its a bit boring at first but by the second page you find out whats she's going on about. Very hard hitting

Click Here

Sponsored Links
56 people died from Chernobyl in 20 years.

20 x 128,000 = 2 560 000.

Two million, five hundred and sixty thousand.

That's how many have died in the UK from tobacco smoking.

THAT'S what I call hard-hitting. Don't you?

joe

joe-90 said:
56 people died from Chernobyl in 20 years.

According to?

How many people died of radiation? No one knows - not even approximately. The officials still keep the death toll at around 30 people, while unofficial sources already put the figure at 300,000 and sometimes over 400,000.

The final toll will not be known in our lifetime, and not in our childrens either

20 x 128,000 = 2 560 000.

Two million, five hundred and sixty thousand.

That's how many have died in the UK from tobacco smoking.

THAT'S what I call hard-hitting. Don't you?

joe

That is completely different. Smokers decide to smoke. They can quit if they so wish.

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting said:
Smokers decide to smoke. They can quit if they so wish.

Do you think so? Show me a longish term smoker who doesn't wish they'd never started then. And I'll show you a tobacco lobby free Westminster.

I was a smoker for 10 years, I eventually gave up smoking in February 05. If I can kick the habit, anyone can, and I did it cold turkey.
This is going off topic though, the original topic was Chernobyl. I saw this website a while ago and they is pretty hard hitting, it goes to show that you should never underestimate the power of the atom. I know technology has moved on and things have come a long way since then. I believe the disaster was attributed to a design flaw which when the reactor control rods were driven in the graphite (moderator) ends of the control rods caused the reactor power to surge causing the explosion.
And lets face it, if Cockcroft hadn't insisted on the filters on Windscale, Cumbria and even Northern England may have been like those pictures.

keyplayer said:
RF Lighting said:

Do you think so? Show me a longish term smoker who doesn't wish they'd never started then. And I'll show you a tobacco lobby free Westminster.

Me.

I have smoked for the last 11 years and I wish I could give up.
It would be so much easier to give up if I had never started, but hey thats peer presure and schools for you.

I have tried a few times, the best lasting three weeks, but I'm an addict.

<I'm off for a fag>

RF Lighting said:
keyplayer said:
RF Lighting said:

Me.

It would be so much easier to give up if I had never started, but hey thats peer presure and schools for you.

<I'm off for a fag>

Ok, I'm staying out of this one lol, you seem to be arguing amongst yourself.

keyplayer said:
RF Lighting said:
keyplayer said:
RF Lighting said:

Me.

<I'm off for a fag>

Ok, I'm staying out of this one lol, you seem to be arguing amongst yourself.

You raised the issue of a smoker who wished they had never started.

Do you know of a smoker who is glad they smoke?

RF Lighting said:
Do you know of a smoker who is glad they smoke?

Of course not, and that is my point. Other than the silly adolescents who foolishly smoke deliberately for delusional coolness, whilst at the same time believing they'll never be hooked themselves, no one likes being a smoker.

RF Lighting said:

That is ill-informed b*****ks and if that was the case then tobacco companies would be out of business within months.

hermes said:
RF Lighting said:

That is ill-informed b*****ks and if that was the case then tobacco companies would be out of business within months.

Why?, no-one else is going to give up for you are they? There is only one person on this planet who can quit smoking for you and that is yourself (do you smoke hermes?). Yes it does take determination and at times you can find yourself climbing up the walls, dying for just another one but at the end of the day only your own willpower can overcome this.
If you want to give up smoking you can.

if they cant >> why cant they

come on its only a habit and habits can be broken

just stop doing it and use the power of you mind its a sad time when adults say they cant stop doing something that will kill them

weak willed pathetic people do you want to be one of them NOOOO

throw them TABS away now and take the sh*t that will come your way in the form of cramps sweating bad tempers

6 weeks and you will be clear of the evil stuff

Sponsored Links
Back