Soil pipe elbow, how to make a clean joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
82421A0C-C665-4437-8470-59D3BA05310D.jpeg
Hi guys. I’m refitting my bathroom and have a quick question for all you bathroom fitters.

What’s the best way to seat this waste pipe into the joint as there is currently a 10mm gap all around the male part. Previously it was filled with putty but I’ve cleaned this off ready for refitting

Sponsored Links
You can get a rubber seal to fit in there but if you post a wider shot of what your trying to do someone may advise a better way ?

is the white part an adaptor collar that will pull out?

No the white part is moulded into the piece that goes below the floorboards and Into the wall. I’m trying to find a ring that will sit in there and make a seal. Any ideas appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I presume that adapter reduces into 110mm pipe below the collar? How is it currently secured or is it just sitting in there? I would be tempted to cut the collar off and then fit a 110mm straight push fit coupler onto it. Either that or use a high end silicone adhesive (not sealant) to lock it into place.

Post pic of that white collar below the floorboards...it looks like the wrong fitting.

Ive seen fittings like that in older properties with an ‘s’ trap wc plumbed into it and sealed with hemp and putty

yes, I've got one, but the white collar pulls out of the soil pipe in the floor. There are white china ones, and plastic ones.

The newer one has rubber fins to seal into the soil pipe, and a rubber ring for the WC spigot to seal into. It's not intended for soil pipe to go into.

Looking at the marks on the floorboards I rather think a WC used to be there. More photos will tell us.

. It's not intended for soil pipe to go into.

Looking at the marks on the floorboards I rather think a WC used to be there. More photos will tell us.
Agreed, which is why I linked to an adaptor types that fits below the collar, the latter can be cut off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back