Solar power

lcgs youre a knob rhi might not be in force till april but if you have an installation done now payments will be backdated

Sponsored Links
Is it the fact that what I've put actually is right and that in defence you think the best approach is to call me a knob.priceless.

If mcs paid less than 10% of the pot,what makes you think that rhi will pay anything.
Having registered with clearskies over 5years ago and watched that collapse ,joined the mcs bandwagon and watched that get scrapped 2days into the new government,rhi will fail just as quickly.

Been chatting about that today with someone who knows more than me, that doesn't narrow it down much I know, anyway the conjecture was that there has to be a subsidy and payment to make it worthwhile. and fuel will have to sky rocket in price.

Once a subsidy is paid who's to say the guy can't take it off and refit somewhere else, are there going to be teams wandering around the country checking that it's all in place and maintained. clean and with no broken tubes etc. Sounds too open to manipulation to me.

if it ever happens. well it probably will but not just yet.

Sponsored Links
we need to decide what is important in this equation if money saving is important then ignore most new tecnoliges if saving the planet and getting more than half your investment back is your goal then you have a few choices
iff saving the planet is important then go for it the cost will come down and savings with the economies off scale will kick in
in the beginning off the 80s i was paying around £17 for a low energy light bulb the idea wasn't to get money back it was to reduce consumption so i could eegnoreleaving a bulb on as it wouldn't make any real difference
in other words a social and life style choice

any way the cost off bulbs dropped by about 10% a year i bought a new one every month or so and now its an easy way to save money because economies off scale have reduced the price to around 50p a bulb
i have now bought my first led bulb it cost £7 it is unlikely you can cover its costs but i have placed the 3.5w bulb that = around 9w or 40w normal bulb in my shed in the window facing the house it gives security and lights the pathway from the shed to the house i can leave it on without worrying about consumption :D

When you install your new system make sure it is compatible with solar and install that part later when its less expensive.
Like most products the price will decrease when more are produced and more manufacturers come to the market.
If you now get an A rated boiler you will use much less gas than before anyway!

Not entirely true - if there is only a given amount of fossil fuel left to burn, then it I can do something that means that I end up burning less of it so that the "pile" lasts longer, then is it really such a bad idea?

You are making an assumption that fossil fuels are not consumed producing your solar kit, transporting it for production installation maintenance and repair.

The electric cars green notions are also based on hiding some of the facts, such as how much hydrocarbon is consumed producing the electricity at best 50% of which arrives at your car's battery bank because of inefficiency in distribution. The polution your car creates may not come out where the car is but have you sat outside Littlebrook power station?

anyway the conjecture was that there has to be a subsidy and payment to make it worthwhile. and fuel will have to sky rocket in price..

This is the crux of it all.

What we really have here is a tax on the poor. Intresting that labour introduced it.

Why is it a tax on the poor?

Only the better off can afford it in the first instance. So the poor won't have it. Who will pay for FIT? the fuel bill will pay FIT, which the poor continue to pay in full, and those with green technology will pay less of.

Will it affect the environment? marginally if we keep the third world in the dark ages, but if we allow them to have an industrial revolution since we had one it seems only fair, all our pathetic efforts to save the environment will not keep the sun from burning us up for one more day.

At best it is something for the rich to feel good about and brag about at dinner parties, and in terms of insentives paid back a better home for your money than the bank stock market or property right now.

But lets not kid ourtselves if we can afford it and we do it it is only becaiuse it benefits us unless we have sufficient money in our lives to be able to do it just so we can be smug.

So we're all doomed. I may as well drown the kids and jump off the Humber Bridge. Bye bye cruel world

try not to worry too much, I'm sure our kids will be fine, we survived and ice age, I want to give my daughters everything I can before I go and that includes a well honed sense of survival and adaptability, with little reliance on modern technology because, finite are these resources and our generation will probably be the last to enjoy them :eek: although having said that theres probably billions of tons more resources available and as another mentioned it's just a way for the man to get richer. Your ideals are commendable though :D

What we need is less children pumped out by non working single parents who get paid more for having more kids, it's all very well saving the planet, but just who are we saving it for, one mum with 4 kids with 4 different dads all not paying a bean in maintaining their little basstards, meanwhile they will drink smoke flytip and generally chuck their garbage wherever they feel like with no intention of ever doing a days work no matter how many incentives or opportunities, and I'm supposed to worry about saving it for them, yea right.......

Quite right pvm but try getting our pc leaders to recognise this.
The cash (which the government does not have and has to borrow or have printed off at the mint) will be shovelled to these parasites whilst those in genuine need will be ignored as usual.

Question time a few weeks ago had this topic aired for a short period (re-the tory guy who dared mention it and was seized upon by the labour liberal left) with the UK independance guy practically shouted down for daring to agree with the tory guy. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back