Some naughty person replied to an old post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here

Looks like you're in for some ridicule if you make tha same mistake. :(

It has been decided that replying to an old post can be of value to some people. If someone takes the time to read an old post and then has a related question or contribution, then it makes sense to allow the post to be revisited.

Sponsored Links
We just got one in electrics too.

Don't think Lynda has spotted it yet though :LOL:

<edit> He's quick on the keyboard, that Crafty :cry:

happy now :LOL:

Mod, since you're going to lock them if someone dares to post to an old topic, why aren't they locked anyway?

Sponsored Links
ie auto lock at 3months or similar,
or
be really clever & say, 'this is an old post' :LOL:

Has anyone tried highlighting the forum rules as if you were going to copy and paste them?

Try it.

Look what appears right at the bottom of the page. Rule (j) !!

Wonder why this has been hidden?

RF Lighting said:
.................... Rule (j) !!

It's so diligent posters, who are about to post to an old topic, can check to see if they are about to commit some unspeakable outrage. Of course, they don't see any problem.

:evil:AH! HAAA! Gotcha!!! the cry of a jubilant mod having trapped an unsuspecting victim.:evil:

Hmmm. How do the mods feel about this one? Look between pages 2 and 3. here
The guy last posted in January and has now recently posted again. Is the post therefore to be locked mods? It would seem that he hasn't sorted it yet - so just where do you sit with this one?

That is exactly why old posts are not locked until some one replies, in this case it is the op who is continuing with his own post for the same problem, even if it is a year later.

Any posts that still interest any member of the forum is acceptable. If you do not wish to read replies to old posts, then skip them and go on to the more recent threads. However if someone reads an old post and is interested in it, there is nothing wrong with wanting to continue the discussion. Remember we are entering the era where age doesn't matter.

oilman said:
RF Lighting said:
.................... Rule (j) !!

It's so diligent posters, who are about to post to an old topic, can check to see if they are about to commit some unspeakable outrage. Of course, they don't see any problem.

:evil:AH! HAAA! Gotcha!!! the cry of a jubilant mod having trapped an unsuspecting victim.:evil:

When you paste it into Word, the hidden text is hidden no mre. Crafty so & so's!!

Gotcha Indeed!!

Just thought I would reply to this because it is getting a bit old!!

My first post on here was a reply to an old one. It is what brought me here in the first place. I was searching google for information to give to a customer and came across a thread on lead pipes, thought I'd chuck my 2p's worth in without checking the date on the post.

I think its ok if its an old question that somebody has just found an answer to and thinks it is worth sharing, although I'm sure the info could be whacked on a new post, it may seem more relevant on the OP.

Quite right Boxbasher- that is why we have decided to allow old posts to be resurrected if of value.

I was interested to read this...afterall this thread is now 13 days old!! :LOL:

Sorry Lynda..too tempting to resist!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back