Some of my findings in the last few weeks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a selection of installations I have visited recently

These are from a complete rewire in Leeds, the deflection of the conduit was 13 inches, dont you just love the fabric and rubber coated cable, years let in them :eek:

These are a consumer unit that i was called to look at, no earth in the lighting system!!!

The those 2 connector blocks each contain phase and neutral BOTH connected into both 5A dominoes!!!

The old couple are still'thinking' about what to do
:rolleyes:

Oh and my new van graphics!!!:cool:

Sponsored Links
Loving the one way wylex. Someone has given that a proper good clunk :LOL:

You ought to save all your pictures, and start a weekly feature on the internet or something :LOL:

Cheers fellas! It amazes me what you come across.

The one way wylex is nicely scorched and the good hard clunk I think has probably come from the dishwasher that hems the whole lot in so you can't even isolate the place without removing the dishwasher or being anorexic!!!!

The always live lighting and bolier circuit was a particularly pleasing site to see ;)

Sponsored Links
Well, its the same theory as the internet, link everything up in as many places as possible and there is much less chance of loss of service :rolleyes:

Re the van graphics....

Before spending out on the graphics, I would have sorted your email address!

It looks 100 times more professional to stump up the couple quid every two years and have a decent domain name type email associated with your business, such as [email protected] or [email protected]

Who says you are going to stay with Tiscali for the forseeable? You could easily change, and Tiscali could easily alter your email.

Just a tip ;)

Who says you are going to stay with Tiscali for the forseeable? You could easily change, and Tiscali could easily alter your email.

Amen to that. I used to have my personal E-mail with NTL, who I phoned up a couple of months ago when my internet connection stopped working after a botched upgrade. They said they'd have to deactivate my account and start over, I followed the activation process over the internet and was much dismayed to find that my E-mail address was still bound to my old account.

After many more calls to their customer service they were adamant that I had no claim to that address (despite it being my forname and surname) and that I'd have to register a new one.

I have since purchased a domain purely for E-mail purposes so that this can't happen again. Thankfully my old address with NTL wasn't used for business purposes, but words can't describe the inconvenience when something like that occurs. Moving house is bad enough, but when the address is owned by your ISP there's absolutely no way to have your mail forwarded should you leave them or be locked out. Mind you, I do run a hosting company, so should be rather ashamed at not having a personal mail address before now :oops:

I still have my old self-employed business e-mail address because it is still well-used by everybody, even though I've not been trading since October 2005....!

good point with the e-mail address boys, but seeing as they provide all my communication services I phoned them and checked about the very same chance, they have sent me written confirmation that this address is 'mine' for as long as I require it and that if I was to change ISP due to poor service or better pricing they will at least match what is on offer.

I have the written proof so I technically think the testicals are in my hands!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back