sorry, i just want to say

B

breezer

I run a few websites, but i just want to say, why do people not read what is written infront of them.

I just now had an email asking for me to advertise the person (for this particular "hobby" i do advertise people for free (because i can)
BUT, i have certain criteria for any ones ad, which is there for all to read

i.e nice pictue of their work, where they will travel to to do this work, and any comments they wish to "sell themselves"

what do i get

a lousy picture, and "i am willing to tavel"

what use is that to anyone.

my point is it annoys me when despite all the time taken to make a website, I make it as easy to navigate as possible (it is, judging by some of the comments) so why do i still get things like this, or regarding another website "silly questions" when all the info is there.

thanks i feel better now.

any one else have a website (dont mention what it is ) that has a similar "problem"?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you are doing a bit of advertising and not reading THIS forum's rules.

nelsy said:
Sounds like you are doing a bit of advertising and not reading THIS forum's rules.

try reading my post again!

1) no where does it mention my website

2) I have read the rules YEARS ago (and still check them)

3) I even said
any one else have a website (dont mention what it is ) that has a similar "problem"?

so it looks ike YOU are one of those people that do not read what is infront of them

breezer, I often can share your feeling of disappointment. I am new here, don't have a website, but on all sorts of forums you see things happening like you describe.

The world is not ideal - the very people with 'golden hands' may be less well placed to tell us so in their pictures and words?

Sponsored Links
I have the same problems on 2 of my sites. My main one for installations states the arears covered, but I get e-mails from people as far away as scotland asking for quotes :eek:

My other site, an internet shop, states all terms clearly, but I still get calls asking how much something is and when I ask if they have my site in front of them they answer yes, I want to say 'why the f**k are you asking then?', but obviously I can't. This is one of the reasons I opted for a premium rate info 'phone number.

Some people cannot follow basic instructions :rolleyes:

premium rate phone number, now there's an idea.

tell them what it says on the website (the terms and condiotions) and make them pay for the privelage.

but i am happier that its not just me.

It's because most people only rerad what they want to read and the rest are simply stupid..

They are probably all managers!! :LOL:

breezer, its simple. People just do not look! I get people quite frequently telling me that a price is wrong between the till and the shelf edge label. I walk them to the shelf and ask which SEL they were looking at. I then point out the description on said SEL, which is usually not the description for the item they have, and not where the SEL would be for the item they have. :rolleyes:

I once had an old guy ask me if a product was on BOGOF. I looked at the product and I knew it was 3 for 2. I pointed this out and he said "but it says bogof" pointing at the sign on the shelf. No it doesnt! Just because theres a sign there doesnt make it BOGOF! You have to READ IT!

I want to sell myself ...where do I stand :confused:

Nige F said:
I want to sell myself ...where do I stand :confused:
Try a Red Light district ;)

Agree on this one Breezer. No matter how many times you write on every 'blog'article' if someone has a question, please provide details like room measurements, type of underfloor, wood type etc it takes two sometimes even three replies before we know where they're really talking about!

What do they think we are: mind readers???

I get this from all sides. My day job is building e-comm websites so I get to see some of the emails and listen to some of the telephone calls that are fielded. One classic was a customer rang in asking for a cataogue - when told that all products were on the website and there was in fact no printed catalogue their reply was "well send me a website then".

However my own customers are just as bad - I get emails saying "There is a problem with the website", or "I got an error" - I point out that's as useful as me going to the quacks and saying to him "I don't feel well".

i am "happy" that it is not really just me.

i was also thinking about Jasper Carrot, remeber when you first heard him and the ZIT, well the word ZIT is in the dictionairy, perhaps we as a collective could come up with a name for people that do not read all the information infront of them and then use this new word.

what do you think?

no "sillyness" please, it will have to a short word or an acronim.

Sponsored Links
Back