Sorry, Politics

Sponsored Links

What evidence is there that the IRA still controls Sinn Féin?​

Official reports about organisation and army council have produced different results​

Sun, Feb 23, 2020, 21:25
Conor Gallagher Crime Correspondent
Garda Commissioner Drew Harris said it was the view of the force that the IRA Provisional Army Council oversees both the IRA and Sinn Féin. File photograph: Crispin Rodwell

Garda Commissioner Drew Harris said it was the view of the force that the IRA Provisional Army Council oversees both the IRA and Sinn Féin. File photograph: Crispin Rodwell
The Irish Times is the voice of Unionism.

And the particle is based on a 2015 report by MI5 which says the IRA is in much reduced form and is committed to achieving a united Ireland through peaceful means.

It says: it was the view of IRA members that the army council oversees both the IRA and Sinn Féin “with an overarching strategy”. This strategy has “a wholly political focus

So the evidence shows IRA is not a paramilitary group, it is a political group.

So you are wrong.

I wonder how many Loyalists are now regretting the horses arse that Brexit turned out to be. Ever increasingly turning towards advantage Nationalists, the way I see it.

The Irish Times is the voice of Unionism.

And the particle is based on a 2015 report by MI5 which says the IRA is in much reduced form and is committed to achieving a united Ireland through peaceful means.

It says: it was the view of IRA members that the army council oversees both the IRA and Sinn Féin “with an overarching strategy”. This strategy has “a wholly political focus

So you are wrong.
Perhaps Vinty prefers the old days (troubles) as he seems to refer to the past often. Looks lost to me.

Sponsored Links
I wonder how many Loyalists are now regretting the horses arse that Brexit turned out to be. Ever increasingly turning towards advantage Nationalists, the way I see it.
the DUP wont admit it, but they really thought brexit would lead to a land border in Ireland
and Vinty has said thats what he wants

Unionists have dumped on themselves from a great height

the DUP wont admit it, but they really thought brexit would lead to a land border in Ireland
and Vinty has said thats what he wants

It is amusing to see the DUP squeal like this after years of being cock-of-the-walk.
But the ex-head of the WTO spelled it out (again) very clearly this week.
Either it's a 'thin' border with the Republic with minimal checks, or a 'thick' border where they get all the paperwork they can eat every time they drive through. That's the only way to dispense with the sea-border and appease the DUP with regards to their status within the UK.
All the scare stories about a United Ireland will soon fade when this issue is resolved with some legal sophistry.
And everyone seems to assume there'll be a warm welcome from the South when the truth is many people are wary about Ulster joining the Republic, so a referendum is not a foregone conclusion for the Fenians to get what they want.

And let's say they do. Who rules and from where? Dublin or Belfast.

All the scare stories about a United Ireland will soon fade when this issue is resolved with some legal sophistry
Northern Ireland businesses are doing what businesses do: making life as simple and as cheap for themselves as possible….and that means alignment with the Single Market.

Year on Year trade will grow between NI and EU….and as it does, trade will diminish NI - GB…..as a result the Protocol will become less relevant.

So the evidence shows IRA is not a paramilitary group
What a stupid thing to say
So all these people who were killed by the IRA, weren't killed by paramilitary terrorists, they were killed by politicians according to you.

I agree with that.
They put their trust in liars who didn't think twice about selling them out.
Boris did what decades of of terrorism couldn't do, he has destroyed the Union.
The only positive outcome of all of this, is that Unionists are starting to realise that no British government will ever treat them fairly or as equal citizens in their own country.

Has the IRA just disappeared ?

No longer in existence ?

All the membership retired or found alternative employment ?

So you are wrong
Wise up Notch.
AFAIK bumping people off isn't considered acceptable political activity.

Quote..

IRA kills 26 people since Good Friday Agreement, but looking backwards could be ‘dangerous’ says Rev Harold Good​

Key peace process figures have expressed a wide range of views about reports that IRA members have carried out 26 murders since Northern Ireland accepted the Good Friday Agreement in 1998​

They also robbed £26million from a Belfast bank.
The money was allegedly for their pension fund.

Maybe Boris & Co see NI as an expensive-to-maintain lump of land whose votes he doesn't need. I don't know if that's true on either count. ANyone?

I haven't heard a single suggestion for a less ridiculous methods of dealing with GB --> NI movements than the EU want. How about just counting.? If 10 tonnes of sausages go to Sainsbury's in NI, just weigh them and check them in. How many sausages are going to be bought retail in NI to be shipped to the EU?

They put their trust in liars who didn't think twice about selling them out

When are you going to accept responsibility.

those pursuing Brexit: the DUP, the Conservative party - they are the liars.

We all know leaving the SM and CU meant a border in the Irish Sea.
The deal Johnson came up with had a border in the Irish Sea

And the DUP voted for it.

Sponsored Links
Back