Sound proofing a Stuart Turner Monsoon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stuart Turner Monsoon 3bar twin pump installed under the bath tub, it is sitting on wooden floor boards on wooden joists and the bath itself has a "firber glass" panel surround. There is not a huge amount of space, but I have enough to install some sound proofing.

What is the best option - loft insulation? a rubber door mat? Some feet made from old tyres? Car soundproofing?

any tips?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I wasn't going to box it in, just cover some of the room facing sides. e.g. something like this :
$_12.JPG

Sponsored Links
Why is it under the bath pumps should be fitted next to the hot water cylinder on the floor.

OP, appreciate what you are trying to do but unfortunately all you can do is reduce any vibration using the method described, you can't restrict airflow to the pump by covering it with anything. Only way to reduce the actual pump sound is to box it in and that's a no no I'm afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back