Sour dough bread

Sponsored Links
Post 121.
Claims to cure that issue but that could be snake oil

You'd pay a fiver for this?

39aa2c66-d9c3-4287-9986-1237d82fc319-jpeg.337569

Rather you than me - it looks like the kind of 'black bread' sold in Germany during the war; made from acorns and beech nuts. Weird.
Sometimes i roll the dough in sesame seeds but try to keep it simple these days.

Reactions: DP
You'd pay a fiver for this?

39aa2c66-d9c3-4287-9986-1237d82fc319-jpeg.337569

Rather you than me - it looks like the kind of 'black bread' sold in Germany during the war; made from acorns and beech nuts. Weird.
Sometimes i roll the dough in sesame seeds but try to keep it simple these days.
Don’t knock it till you try it is what I have to say.

Don’t knock it till you try it is what I have to say.
Years ago, i watched Hugh F-W catch cuttlefish, take 'em home and prep them for lunch. He made a mad sauce from the ink, jet black, like a printer had puked over the plate. Not for me Clive. Only black liquid i want to see at the table is a pint of Guiness. Ditto bread.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
I know, right. :cool: Saw that as i was listening to something else and thought of this..maybe 'London's Burning' would be apt for Bod's latest loaf. I like a hint of charcoal on the crust. Gives it xtra crunch.
It was a bit scorched :D

20240410_103121.jpg

Chia seed loaf .
I did this one on the shelve.

Left it in hear while it's hot because tha base was an dense.

20240410_103045.jpg

This seeded loaf could be my best yet. Nice hollow base and a little less brown than the one above.

I'll let them settle for 4 or 5 hours then the cut will tell all.

Are we all excited?

Sponsored Links
Back