Speed

• Thread starter cantaloup63
  • Start date
C

cantaloup63

The last couple of nights at about 10.30 for at least an hour, this site suddenly seems to go slow. Is it just me, or is it something related to the site (doing it's backups on the server?). Speed connections to other websites are fine.

Sponsored Links
It's still misbehaving. Runs ok until I log on at which point there is a delay in loading pages of up to a couple of minutes. Have I been put in some kind of pre-mod stage, or is there any other reason why this might be happening :confused:

No, there have been some problems especially today, but things should be getting back to normal now. There were some database problems that would exacerbate load times for logged in users, but this should be sorted now.

Sponsored Links
Hi Admin, I am having the same problem as Cantaloupe, in fact been having it for quite a while now. Any other sites I go on load in a couple of seconds at most yet here it can take up to 2 minutes to load a page. I am running Windows 7 with 4Gb of RAM and Intel Pentium Processor on my laptop. My Desktop, which is suffering the same problem, is running XP Home Edition with 1Gb of RAM and an AMD Athlon 64bit processor. Two different machines with the same problem on the same site. As stated, all other sites load within seconds on both machines. Do you know what the problem may be please?

Apologies for the inconvenience.

We've had some problems this evening. We are investigating...

Thanks Admin. I am now back to normal and look forward to participating once more.

No problem, your issue wasn't specifically related to tonight's downtime, but there was a database issue that caused problems for a number of accounts, this was rectified this afternoon. If you have any further problems, give me a shout.

As an aside email notifications are not currently working, and I don't expect them to resume until early tomorrow.

Yes we've had some further issues this afternoon, we're investigating.

It's happening to me today - same problem as others but also occasionally getting a critical error message but if I go back a page and reload then it appears..... v..e..r..y.. s..l..o..w..l..y. :(

Been on and off all day again, still hopeless trying to browse the threads 17:54

kin heck what did you just do, it's the fastest it's been for months.

Wonder how long it will last.

Yep back to normal 18:00 slow ish

Sponsored Links
Back