Speeding ticket!

If the law is an ass, take advantage of it.

If the law says that, for a speeding conviction to be viable, the correct signage must be displayed (or whatever), then if it were wrong, you would point that out, wouldn't you?

Or would you hold your hands up and say OK, I got caught, I'll take the rap?

Come on, let's be havin' you. Be brutally honest with yourselves.

If you had the choice, would you take the rap or get yourself off on a technicality?

Don't all queue at once.....

Sponsored Links
oh i quite agree, i dont think many wouldnt, its just a bit ironic if you look at it :LOL:

There was a case last year where the guy got off because there was only 1 sign at the point were the speed limit changed, apparently the signs should be either side of the road, in his case there was only one & the argument was that it could have been obscured by a hgv etc.

I dont know if anyone else has mentioned it but there is a site called appeal now or similar. It seemed to be mainly about parking tickets but may have flashing cameras on it too.

GATSO cameras can be set to flash people in either direction. They are rarely used in oposite directions because of complaints that they momentarily blind people.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers, Thermo!

Anybody else? How about it, Rob?

Thought not!!

Of course we would take the technicality route.
Otherwise the powers that be will chuck even more of 'the book' in the nearest bin and apply the rules in a greater subjective manner than they already do.
Latest on the 159 mph fiasco .. not over yet ... LINK

Carry on SS -

PostScript .. Mr. Edgar is off the hook .. Does he not now pursue the 'inaccuracy' aspect of the Gatso ? LINK
Strange .. only a signature at the foot of letter, no printed name except Mr Edgar's.... Trouble is, that causes me to ponder ??
;)

Getting a little naughty !

barn2.jpg

:cool:

jtaunton said:
Not sure if this just applies to Scotland, but......

http://www.itspublicknowledge.info/appealsdecisions/decisions/decision001text.htm[/QUOTE]

Here be the said certificates LINK .. I think one would want to see the calibration sticker on the camera too... i know it is finicky but if it is a requirement and no one challenges it's existence then sooner or later the label will be forgotten .... or even have it's date changed .. by a pressured operative .. Lets hope he cannot alter the time between photographs .. it is apparently 'operator' adjustable 0.5 to 0.7 secs ..
What if the photos and radar do not tie up (radar shows higher speed than photo )? Is the time gap adjusted to align photo evidence and radar ?.. Or does camera go off for recalibration? Yeah, right !! Would you know any different? ;)
:D :D :D :D

There's yet another line of research I can follow.....Cheers pip!!

I'm sure people have got off much worse charges through a technicality. Rapists getting let off because a witness wouldn't speak, murderers getting let off because the evidence was contaminated, breachers of the official secrets act getting let off "because they thought it was the right thing to do".

I think that getting off a relatively minor speeding offence because some publically-funded twit couldn't be bothered to read the technical requirements of a speed trap isn't going to make the world a bad place to live.

Is it Denmark where there is a gang of lads that go round knocking 7 bells of manure out of Gatso's?

securespark said:
Is it Denmark where there is a gang of lads that go round knocking 7 bells of manure out of Gatso's?
Ärsytät mielelläsi minua! :LOL: Finish, don't know danish :)
Or in Dutch: hebt u ooit een gekweekte naakte mens gezien? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back