Speeding ticket!

securespark said:
Or would you hold your hands up and say OK, I got caught, I'll take the rap?
To be honest, yes I probably would. You know what the limit is and ignore it, you should not complain and try to weasel out of it when you get caught. I bet there are very very few roads where it's impossible for you to have known what the speed limit is.

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
securespark said:
Is it Denmark where there is a gang of lads that go round knocking 7 bells of manure out of Gatso's?
Ärsytät mielelläsi minua! :LOL: Finish, don't know danish :)
Or in Dutch: hebt u ooit een gekweekte naakte mens gezien? :LOL:
Tod zum gatso ! ;)

I'll have to respectfully disagree - You should ALWAYS try to weasel out of things. Your money is under attack from so many people, for the shakiest reasons, that you should do whatever you can to keep it in your pocket, no matter how banged to rights you are.

And then you can go and blow it all on Diet Coke and Salt & Vinegar Discos, like I do.

petewood said:
securespark said:
Or would you hold your hands up and say OK, I got caught, I'll take the rap?
To be honest, yes I probably would. You know what the limit is and ignore it, you should not complain and try to weasel out of it when you get caught. I bet there are very very few roads where it's impossible for you to have known what the speed limit is.

Why ? There are myriads of wealthy people kicking holes in the law day in and day out ... Why be a martyr ? to what ? a better country ? I doubt that.
:D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
jtaunton said:
And then you can go and blow it all on Diet Coke and Salt & Vinegar Discos, like I do.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that one.

pipme said:
Why ? There are myriads of wealthy people kicking holes in the law day in and day out ... Why be a martyr ? to what ? a better country ? I doubt that.
:D :D :D :D
to your conscience?

kendor said:
hebt u ooit een gekweekte naakte mens gezien? :LOL:

Yes, lots! Drool! But what has my perversion got to do with Gatso-bashing?

I read in our locaL paper that a driver got off cos their name was spelt one letter wrong. Possibly the form you receive through the post indicating the offence etc has to have every detail right including 100% correct spellings or it can be thrown out on such a technicality - worth studying the paperwork closely???

I've got 6 points, I'll fight tooth and nail if I get another three.

pipme said:
Meer gegroeid.. als groan..Be Jesus. :D :D

More "grown" than "groan"????

What DO you mean??

Matz.

My sitn too: 6 points growing to 9...

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Perhaps we should be able to trade points, like those without any against having say 12 in the bank could flog 3 points to the highest bidder, even rent them out....
:eek: :eek:

Nah, biding me time, it will not be long until yer on the final 3, then we'll open financial discussions. :D :D

Bit more on Gatsometer ... The primary, radar, has to be accurate within ±2 mph up to 60 mph and ±2% above 60.
The 'stand alone' camera must be within 10% of the primary at all speeds measured by primary.

So if trundling along legally at true 70 mph one gaily passes a yellow box .. it may flash !! But could be seeing radar of 71.4MPH and photo evidence 10% greater at 78.54MPH .. the converse also applies.
I expect the '10% plus 2mph' we hear about comes from this.
If one was running true 77MPH, radar read bottom end of tol at 98% being 75.46 MPH .. Then camera evidence also at 90%, photos would show 68 MPH ... That'd be awkward in court for the prosecution .. If one was there that is !!

So in a 30 limit we can hope for 32 x 1.1 = 35MPH Then ? I thought the old Cop chiefs were withdrawing that allowance ??

Just for Kendor the sourcerer :- Yer tis :D :D :D

yesterday i was approaching one of those flashing slow down 30 mph signs when i looked at the speedo i was doing 32-33 ish but the sign did'nt light up?could my speedo be out ?as i'm also looking at 9 points would it be worth getting it checked out?

They are not used for law enforcement, and are adjustable to whatever speed you want them to trigger at. The ones round here go off at 36 or above.

Sponsored Links
Back