Spent fireworks

Sponsored Links
Best I could find was US statistics, about 20 people a year needing hospital treatment from falling fireworks.

Seems fairly insignificant for a 360 million population.

It wouldn't be insignificant if you're little 5 year old was gazing up at the fireworks in wonder, and one of these came plummeting out of the darkness and hit her in the grid. :mrgreen:

Joking aside, one of those could do some damage if it came down on somebody's head.
But have you ever heard of, or seen a report of a falling rocket stick causing an injury?

That doesn't mean it can't or won't happen.
Besides this is more than a "stick" I'm using it to fix me fence.

I bet it is. It's probably someone elses stick-- one they dont know it's missing yet . :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A few funnies there, i used to do homemade fireworks, bombs if i could, but rocket had weight limits etc, and the plastic end should crush on contact with our heads.

Unless it came from pakistan. :mrgreen:

A few funnies there, i used to do homemade fireworks, bombs if i could, but rocket had weight limits etc, and the plastic end should crush on contact with our heads.

Unless it came from pakistan. :mrgreen:

Believe me, if this plastic end had hit your head it would be your skull getting crushed. That was my whole point, I couldn't believe how hefty this thing was made.

We have become so brainwashed with 'elf and safety that even rational people are starting to have their lives dictated by fear of dangers which realistically don't exist. We cannot reduce the risks involved in living to zero and we should resist the desire to do so.

We have become so brainwashed with 'elf and safety that even rational people are starting to have their lives dictated by fear of dangers which realistically don't exist. We cannot reduce the risks involved in living to zero and we should resist the desire to do so.

That's quite a reasonable rational argument, but I would counter it with....

WHAT IF A 5 YEAR OLD GOT HURT, DO YOU WANT 5 YEAR OLD CHILDREN TO GET HURT YOU UNCARING MONSTER!!!!!

And any argument you make will simply be refuted with this, that's how we got into this H&S madness in the first place.

That's quite a reasonable rational argument, but I would counter it with....

WHAT IF A 5 YEAR OLD GOT HURT, DO YOU WANT 5 YEAR OLD CHILDREN TO GET HURT YOU UNCARING MONSTER!!!!!

And any argument you make will simply be refuted with this, that's how we got into this H&S madness in the first place.
Having just completed an H&S risk assessment for a bonfire event that will hopefully be revived, the list of 'do's and dont's' is quite onerous...

And yet not one mention of the 'danger' of rocket sticks to the general area (save pointing them at the crowd :D )...

Joking aside, one of those could do some damage if it came down on somebody's head.
But have you ever heard of, or seen a report of a falling rocket stick causing an injury?

You got me thinking, so I googled it.

Best I could find was US statistics, about 20 people a year needing hospital treatment from falling fireworks.

Seems fairly insignificant for a 360 million population.

Indeed - and hence the reason for my question...

I've got a feeling that the OP might not like this New Year destination... :LOL:

http://www.livefromiceland.is/webcams/new-years/

We can all argue the health and safety bollix and I've never had problems with people firing rockets into the air. But that's the ordinary kind of rockets like standard fireworks used to make.
I have got a problem with people paying 20 or 20 quid for something not far off a scud missile and firing it off.
No one should be firing things off which are capable of causing quite a serious injury or worse when they come back down again, it's ridiculous.

We can all argue the health and safety bollix and I've never had problems with people firing rockets into the air. But that's the ordinary kind of rockets like standard fireworks used to make.
I have got a problem with people paying 20 or 20 quid for something not far off a scud missile and firing it off.
No one should be firing things off which are capable of causing quite a serious injury or worse when they come back down again, it's ridiculous.
If you care to investigate, the power/size of rockets has been steadily decreased over recent years...

No doubt that will continue, so I'm sure in a few years time you and your fellow 'zero riskers' will have nothing to worry about...

Other than domestic stairs of course...which caused approx 30,000 injuries last year..

Bungalows for all eh sooey?... ;)

FFS we have nuclear weapons that could kill hundreds of thousands in one go,,,, But they ain't yet been banned because of H&S worries. Nasa, Russia, China, etc have been sending things into orbit for years now,,, and some of these do come down. When they do, scientists make their best guesstimates of where they will land (usually "Somewhere in the world") Yet no one's stopped them letting off rockets the size of the Chrysler Building ,,, have they ?? ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back