Spider deterrant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We noticed a few (well several) false widow spiders dotted around our garden the other day. We removed then and re-homed them, it's fine, but we got talking about general perimeter defence when it comes to spiders.

Do you have any advice on how best to naturally repel spiders from around the perimeter of your home?

Sponsored Links
Why on earth would you want to? Spiders are a great non-chemical insecticide. They are your friends.

I have no issue with spiders, hence me not wandering around the garden at 2am in my pants with a blowtorch.

But,

still, the question stands.

Do you have any advice on how best to naturally repel spiders from around the perimeter of your home?

Really? :LOL:

Scorch all vegetation around your house in a 200m radius, concrete it over.

Sponsored Links
I really don't see why I can't get a decent sensible answer to this. I feel like some social pariah because I've mentioned 'spiders' and 'get rid' and all of a sudden, I'm as bad as that guy with a tash from the Middle East.

I'm off to get the fckn blow torch!

I was trying to have a sense of humour in this post. I don't really see how my question is all that ridiculous. I was asking for advice. I'll not bother next time. Cheers guys.

As one of the more positive replies..horse chestnut. My friend recommended this for my infested old house and it did massively reduce the numbers, weather it be a coincidence or not! A few conkers in the corners of a room, I also have fresh cedar blocks about the house. Its apparently down to the Foreign' oily tang that the native spiders don't like.

So try horse chestnut, and in the mean time lavender and citreous based trees will put them off (largely).

On holiday in Ibiza at the mo......spiders the size of birds :eek:
Can't say I'm particularly fond of the home grown editions either.....gonna try those ideas!
John :)

Seen the signs for Amnesia, Mr. M but I can't remember how to get there :p
I don't think I was ever that young!
Cracking island though, staying in a resort called Sta Eulalia for about the 15th time I think.....as far away from the chavs as possible!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back