Spirotech MB3 or Magnaclean Pro2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the risk of opening a can of worms....... is there a favourite among you?

Money wise, there's not much in it.

Alex

Sponsored Links
Just me who likes the fernox tf1 then..??? Hey, it works...

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Did quite a bit of reading on some old threads and some other forums last night and it seems a bit of a split decision with the magnaclean just about coming out on top.
I'll stick to my original thinking then and buy that:)

As always, thanks ever so much guys.

Alex

Every single one I've ever come across has been leaking.

Magnaclean Pro2 is the best choice

Really...? I don’t think i’ve seen one leak. You’ve shocked me, muggles. I’ve never had a call back on one.

I always liked them.

Tf1 Omega all day, every day.

Went to a leak yesterday on a boiler system in a kitchen, eventually found the very slow splash to be coming from the filter (brand Id never heard of) opened it up and found the pocket that held the magnet had split inside the vessel. Plastic sh!te.

Pro 2's are an excellent design IMO, only issue I have with them is the fact you need to get the top off them every time to clean them out properly, the tops on these plastic/fiby filters can be a right pain if they get 'sticky', especially if the previous chap was heavy handed and their dog's eaten the spanner.

I find the MB3's are ok too, all brass is great and then just remove mag and drain from the bottom, dead easy to service but as @Dan Robinson mentions still not entirely convinced on how effective they are. I'm just keeping an eye on them to see how they perform long term.

, the tops on these plastic/fiby filters can be a right pain if they get 'sticky', especially if the previous chap was heavy handed and their dog's eaten the spanner..

I always put a small smear of silicone grease on the thread of a Magnaclean before I do it up. Comes apart easily next time. (y)

And Magnaclean Pro 2 for me. The originals were a bit leaky, but Haven't heard anything bad about the 2.

I always put a small smear of silicone grease on the thread of a Magnaclean before I do it up. Comes apart easily next time

Indeed, that and a new set of seals ensures the lids don't need to be wracked up too tight too.

The issue is more when following a muppet the year before that's been mad mental with the spanner and they struggle to pop loose, snapped a plastic spanner once with one that had been well overtightened.

I always wonder... was it overtightened or has temp differentials affected the plastic thread binding? I prefer Plumbers grease in these situations because it performs better under heat/cool conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back