Splashbacks or upstands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The kitchen tiles have got to go. I've got a white earthstone worktop (bad choice, but it's there now) and can't decide whether to go with earthstone upstands or splashback or indeed maybe get acrylic (but then I've got to argue with myself what colour).

Suggestions most welcome :)

Sponsored Links
You could get clear splashbacks that are drilled and screwed to the wall, then you could use jazzy wallpaper or old cookery books behind the glass and change it now and again

E7AB69D1-956D-4EA8-9DBA-A0EC4E3BF1F0.jpeg Went with matching up stands on my marble tops and mirror over oven.

Sponsored Links
I'm hoping I don't wreck the walls too much when I hack the tiles off but I do, it can be fixed.

Don't ever get white solid surface worktops though - looks the biz when you first put them in but dear God, they're a nightmare to keep clean, but I'll still add upstands to it lol

So, earthstone upstands are 12mm thick. Most hob splashbacks are 6mm thick - WTF do you do with the difference in thickness?

Well, if the upstands are 12mm thick and you stop them either side of the hob for the hob splashback and that's only 6mm thick, then you don't have a smooth run from upstand to splashback, if you get what I mean. I'm probably overthinking things lol

Well, if the upstands are 12mm thick and you stop them either side of the hob for the hob splashback and that's only 6mm thick, then you don't have a smooth run from upstand to splashback, if you get what I mean. I'm probably overthinking things lol
Quite usual for splash back to sit back.You could add 6mm board to rear if you want it flush .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back