Sponging parasite loses benefits, ordered to seek work

woman ...... fell out with her daughter , ... dumped her 4 year old on social services , just left him there.

The grand mother found out & went and got him 68 years old at the time , .....
She left her grandson in care for 64 years?
Is that some kind of record?

Never mind, **** end. Get Elfie to explain it to you. ;)

Sponsored Links
ah yes, the tax dodgers, who cost the country far more than the benefit scroungers, yet are treated more leniently.

The Tax dodgers are invariably offshoring profits and investments. The benefit cheats at least spend the money in the UK - so the money remains within the system.

Marketing, media and an uninformed public and you have a situation where one group is vilified and the other is glorified. As long as the public have no idea how economics at the macro level works this will continue.

The problems of those who are capable but work shy is no way as large as is made ou

Trust me, I'm talking from experience. In this area, those on benefits who don't need to be, are the majority, not the minority.

ah yes, the tax dodgers, who cost the country far more than the benefit scroungers, yet are treated more leniently.

I agree, but both need dealing with.

Sponsored Links
Trust me, I'm talking from experience. In this area, those on benefits who don't need to be, are the majority, not the minority.

I agree, but both need dealing with.

Based on what evidence. Why do you think that?

You obviously haven't read any of the previous threads between landlords. I've had tenants on benefits, and the things I've seen them do, and the things they proudly tell me about, leave you fearful for the next generation. Trust me, I do speak from experience. I clear the flats out and see all the bills they've run from. I've seen false names used to get services, and I know a lot of the local debt collection agencies that will now accept it when I ring and say so and so's moved out, where in the past, they'd have wanted proof that I wasn't the tenant pulling a fast one. I know someone working in a local school kitchen, and in the last couple of years, all of the people taken on have only lasted a couple of days. One tenant got fired, and didn't tell the tax office because they would have stopped her working families tax credit, and it turned out that this wasn't the first time she'd done it. They know the tricks, and how to play the system.

You obviously haven't read any of the previous threads between landlords. I've had tenants on benefits, and the things I've seen them do, and the things they proudly tell me about, leave you fearful for the next generation. Trust me, I do speak from experience. I clear the flats out and see all the bills they've run from. I've seen false names used to get services, and I know a lot of the local debt collection agencies that will now accept it when I ring and say so and so's moved out, where in the past, they'd have wanted proof that I wasn't the tenant pulling a fast one. I know someone working in a local school kitchen, and in the last couple of years, all of the people taken on have only lasted a couple of days. One tenant got fired, and didn't tell the tax office because they would have stopped her working families tax credit, and it turned out that this wasn't the first time she'd done it. They know the tricks, and how to play the system.

So why do you still rent your properties out to these types then? Don't you do backgeound checks before you rent a propery out?

So why do you still rent your properties out to these types then? Don't you do backgeound checks before you rent a propery out?

I don't any longer. And you can do as many checks as you like, but they know how to get round them. Previous tenancies get lost off the paperwork, and landlords that are sick of them will give a glowing reference to get rid of them. Sometimes circumastances change for them, and then you find a different side of the tanant. Unfortunately, it's one of the risks that you take.

So why do you still rent your properties out

Money money money money money.

Tax Rules are edging away from favouring BTL as the non-homeowning generation becomes a more significant proportion of the electorate.

Money money money money money.

Tax Rules are edging away from favouring BTL as the non-homeowning generation becomes a more significant proportion of the electorate.

Attacking the private sector causes landlords both bad and good to throw in the towel and so pushes problem cases onto the council who are already overburdened due to a shortage of housing, lack of funding and oversubscription of the service (made much worse by mass immigration over the last 20 years).

You seem to think that because there's a housing crisis and because private landlords are making money from the housing market they should take responsibility for there being a housing shortage.

There is a housing shortage because Thatcher permitted councils to sell off their stock at massively reduced rates and one of the reasons for this (but not the only reason) is because government wanted to shift the cost burden in maintaining public housing onto the private sector. Mass immigration started with Blair once Thatcher was out of office, so you can't blame her. You can blame Blair for allowing an the open doors immigration police, and you can blame Blair again for not implementing a proper house building strategy. There simply are not enough homes, government's job is to build homes to meet demand, not prey on private sector landlords who are sitting pretty due to government foul play over the last 20 years. We've been over this ground countless times.

As for the original post, I empathise a great deal with someone who has a severely disabled child, or is severely disabled themselves with no hope of improvement, who has to be dragged through the system repeatedly. The local authority should put markers on the worse cases so that in future they don't have to be dragged through the system when the government decides they want to save some money on the social. These are the cases I am happy to pay for when I pay council tax, I would hate to think the most in need are having the worst time getting the support they need.

Attacking the private sector causes landlords both bad and good to throw in the towel and so pushes problem cases onto the council .... immigration ... housing crisis ...housing shortage.

Making tax treatment of BTL less generous does not affect the number of houses in the country, nor the number of people needing a home.

If they sell their stock of homes, somebody else will buy them.

"Attacking" says somebody doing well out of the old rules.

Making tax treatment of BTL less generous does not affect the number of houses in the country, nor the number of people needing a home.

If they sell their stock of homes, somebody else will buy them.

"Attacking" says somebody doing well out of the old rules.

I was picking up on you picking on Doggs for making some money once upon a time from a rental property, and for myself, and for your previous track record of opinions on this subject which have all been in favour of policy that targets private landlords. Not all private landlords are BTL. You are just jelous you never got a piece of it when you had the chance.

The government policy has always been to reward landowners and property developers at the expense of the wider public and economy. Landlords with a few properties were simply being smart businessmen and going along for the ride.

Now they are being used as the scapegoat. The government could have put in controls earlier, forced housebuilders not to landbank, forced banks to charge levies on BTL etc.

As to immigration - we had the means but not the political will or determination to resolve this within the EU.

Sponsored Links
Back