sprained, NOT LIKELY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well i was in quite a bit pain with my wrist today and knew it was not just sprained as i was told the other day at hospital, so i went back today.
They checked the wrist and swelling and sent me for an x ray, comes back and the doctor says i need an orthopedic surgeon to take a look at your x ray. After a 3 hour wait the orthopedic comes along and looks at the x ray, i am told i have a Distal Radius Fracture but because it has broken down towards the thumb bone its known as intra-articular, with a small chip out of the bone ( so basically i got a broken wrist, why couldnt he just say that in the first place )

plastered up now, i have to go back in on friday for a cat scan on it, and because of the swelling and pain in and around my thumb area he thinks its the chipped piece pressing against the nerve.
Possible outcome is surgery where they will either pin my wrist with a plate or insert some wires in it

Is this the start to the new year i was after, not on ya nelly.

Sponsored Links
nightmare mate total nightmare, nee fishin for you for a while :cry:
get well soon hunnie ;)

Oh dear sorry to hear your predicament JCT, hope all goes well & is not a total disaster for you. ;)

Sponsored Links
Iam sorry to hear that Jimmy, hope all goes well at the hospital, let us know what happens...

Back from my cat scan and booked into the Freeman on monday 14th March 2011.
The orthopedic surgeon was correct in his guess that a bit of the chipped bone was lying against and pressing on the nerve in my thumb. So its an operation to remove the chip and also to screw a plate to the broken bone, looks like i am on the sick for at least 8 weeks.
Let yous all know how i get on either monday evening if i am discharged or tuesday daytime ,whichever it is

8 weeks off work? OUCH!!!!! plenty physio down sharpley for you, nice n easy on the doxford ;)

8 weeks off work? OUCH!!!!! plenty physio down sharpley for you, nice n easy on the doxford ;)

hahaha, a long way off now i think Steve going to sharpley, maybe 3 mths or longer i think before i would be able to do any fly fishing, even though its all light gear, wont be able to grip properly

Back from my cat scan and booked into the Freeman on monday 14th March 2011.
The orthopedic surgeon was correct in his guess that a bit of the chipped bone was lying against and pressing on the nerve in my thumb. So its an operation to remove the chip and also to screw a plate to the broken bone, looks like i am on the sick for at least 8 weeks.
Let yous all know how i get on either monday evening if i am discharged or tuesday daytime ,whichever it is

you will have to lower yourself and just do the grouting..... :LOL:

get well soon.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back