Spur socket off lighting

You miss the point. One RCD protecting lights and power ( from earth leakage ) will result in the hazard of no lights if an appliance develops an earth leakage.

Indeed, that is why at least 2 RCDs are recommended.

Sponsored Links
It is well known that most travel adapters do not conform to any countries regs. Just look at the pictures of all the other awful adapters on that page. ugh
Sadly true.

However in 2016 BSI introduced a new standard for travel adapters. The adapter I linked at least claims to comply with said standard and is from a brand carried by major brick and mortar retailers. The pictures also show what appears to be a proper BS1363 socket with no attempt to generalize to other plug types.

Sponsored Links
I was born in a house with 5A sockets, 2 and 3 pin and moved when I was 6 to a house with 15A & 5A and yes I seem to remember an adapter of some sort in every socket.

I still have a selection as I am involved in public entertainment where BS546's......282e713b
Not clicking on that massive link- wondered if that was you lurking on the Blue Room the other day, I also earn a crust in that world :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Not clicking on that massive link- wondered if that was you lurking on the Blue Room the other day, I also earn a crust in that world :)
It's only a link to Amazon or Ebay, I don't know why it's so big.
BR Yep that's me.

Hi
Guess who?
Please take a look Ebenezers

8C230E42-3CA4-44AA-B80F-DA44A9A34ACE.jpeg

Spur from outside light

Run to waterproof box screwed shut

inside box (box under eves of house around 7 foot off floor) rcd twin sockets

Some lights have a plug and then a transformer, so would place that inside box

others have transformer in plug head, like a mobile phone charger

lights will be led

ok

do I need rcd sockets? House has a rcd board for light, sockets etc

What size cable

what power can be drawn. Only plugging in a few lights, but want to know.

Regards
Bob

let’s get this sorted befor Jacob turns up

Please note Winston has never had a copy of the regulations and lives in a special world where the reasons for using a 13A socket on a lighting circuit never crop up. It is specifically allowed by the regulations and he has been warned by the mods to stop disseminating untruths on this forum, but still persists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back