Squirrel Repellant

( ignore the pesky advert at the start )

Uploaded on 5 Dec 2008
Red squirrel conservationists invent an assault course to test the intelligence of these cute and rare forest animals. Will any squirrels complete the course? Watch this clip from BBC show Clever Critters to find out! Narrated by British comedienne Dawn French.

Sponsored Links
OP: I have to ask... What on earth did you post this here for?

The only time I ever worry about squirrels is when I have climbed into a loft, to deal with a plumbing related matter, to find that there is one up there and I am blocking his exit :eek:

I opened my loft trap door and a squirrel shot across . I nearly messed my pants! Do foxes keep squirrels away? Not seen any around for a while

Sponsored Links
That's a great video.
Amazingly all that seems to stop them in their tracks is the "lampshade"
Am thinking now about making up a similar assault course for the greys here.
Watch this space!

My apologies for using the wrong section, it was a typo. Don't know how to transfer to proper section ??

OK Ian, here's the pic as promised. This was inspired by the £5 planter from a local discount store.
All metal (apart from nuts)
ps the thought of nuts has given me an idea, could mix a few 6mm metrics amongst the pile (with broken teeth he
Sqir Deter.jpg
wouldn't come back!!)...kidding.

I used to think there was only one squirrel to combat but today he'd brought a friend with him, the friend was taking notes whilst the original villain was trying to gain access again (obviously planning a future strategy). Nuts are still secure up to now though, watch this space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back